Sign in to follow this  
Livi

Are Police taking advantage of the law?

sorry also OT

at what point do you need to get a cert for the exhaust though? just the tip, or is is when you start moding the mufler, etc?

errm to my knowlodge you dont need a cert for exhaust if its too loud just get a second muffler or coby muffler i think there called? quietens them down fairly ??

sorry also OT

at what point do you need to get a cert for the exhaust though? just the tip, or is is when you start moding the mufler, etc?

Technically as long as it's louder than stock. I think you can get a noise cert for $200.

The standard $400-520 low volume vehicle certification process does not include this.

Garry . . .

If you do not have anything nice to say to us

Don't say anything at all.

:)

Just a very friendly reminder

'Insert crappy text language here'

Forums are the grammar school of the Internet.

Forums are the grammar school of the Internet.

pretty sure this wasnt a spelling contest on the internet sorry to dissapoint you guys........jeeze...

i just find it stupid someone puts in there input and then dickheads make smart ass comments and so on

pretty sure this wasnt a spelling contest on the internet sorry to dissapoint you guys........jeeze...

i just find it stupid someone puts in there input and then dickheads make smart ass comments and so on

I suggest you read this:

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?act=boardrules

Or your not going to be here that long

Guest Simon*

i just find it stupid someone puts in their input and then dickheads make smart ass comments and so on

Pretty sure this wasn't a spelling contest on the internet sorry to disappoint you guys.

I just find it stupid someone puts in their input and then dickheads make smart ass comments and so on.

Fixed.

I quite sure the points been made... can we leave it now and get back on topic.... everyone here should know or should read the rules

It seems the cert process for the exhaust is the same as for a WOF - 95db at 500mm for cars in service before the standard changed, at a specified RPM. WOF looks like 92db at 1 metre (the same as 95db at 500mm).

The only way to be louder than this level is to have a standard exhaust that is louder and/or to convince the WOF guy that you are the same or less loud than standard. It's really unclear what happens if they don't believe you, and I guess it will become clearer over time as there are plenty of older cars which wouldn't meet the standard.

Edited by CamB