Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Project BELLICOSE

Well now that my E34 is as close to finished as i can be bothered with i've started Project 'BELLICOSE'.

(Bellicose means 'inclined or eager to fight; aggressively hostile; belligerent; war like')

It's a '71 BMW E3 2500, M30B25 and auto.

It will be converted to 4sp manual and supercharged M30.

Just a couple pics from today, the 3rd pic is after 5 min with wire wheel on area around headlight bucket and the white bits on inner gaurd is a quick scrub with scotchbrite and water.

This car is super clean but will be show quality when finished, underside will be to the same standard as the rest of the body.

Edited by bellicose

And so it begins! :)

Will be following closely, looking forward to watching the progress and learning about something a little different!

that thing looks mint!

they're normally rust buckets...

Yeah they are, the more i get into it the better this one looks.

I like the interesting looking weaves.

Sweet project, Alpine Weiss FTW.

Wheels are metrics so they only on car to keep it off the ground lol.

Oh and colour is Chamonix.

Awesome project, best of uck to you. Ive always loved the E3's.

You wont be painting it orange will you ;)

Edited by Penry

Awesome project, best of uck to you. Ive always loved the E3's.

You wont be painting it orange will you ;)

Nah not orange, think this car deserves a more.................for want of a better word...classy colour.

I'm workin' with a few paint manufacturers to come up with a colour, something along the lines of BMW Brass Metallic.

Nice, saw an article in an old TBMW the other day with a beautiful metallic blue/green colour. They had some great colours back then. None of this black, silver or grey rubbish everything seems to be now.

Oh and colour is Chamonix.

My mistake, Looks good. Brass Metallic sounds orange? Lol.

Did you get the copy of the magazine article from rxsumo featuring your car? If not, i can send you a pdf.

Which M30 engine capacity are you going for?

You're probably going to finish yours before me. I've got an M30 3.5l engine sitting on the shed floor, and a 4-speed gearbox waiting to be pulled out of the E12 525 on the lawn. Life keeps getting in the way . . . .

My mistake, Looks good. Brass Metallic sounds orange? Lol.

No worries mate, i don't like white of any type lol.

This is Brass metallic

But i'm leanin' towards this color though, it's called Scarab

Did you get the copy of the magazine article from rxsumo featuring your car? If not, i can send you a pdf.

Which M30 engine capacity are you going for?

You're probably going to finish yours before me. I've got an M30 3.5l engine sitting on the shed floor, and a 4-speed gearbox waiting to be pulled out of the E12 525 on the lawn. Life keeps getting in the way . . . .

Yep i got the article thanx mate.

Will be using the original 2.5 M30, it's only done 65.000 mile and has a fully reco head with new valves, only goin' for a smallish HP gain to start.

rxsumo (Darryl) also gave me a complete 2.5 and 4spd out of an E12 but i'm still missin' the clutch master cylinder tho.

Edited by bellicose

Yep i got the article thanx mate.

Will be using the original 2.5 M30, it's only done 65.000 mile and has a fully reco head with new valves, only goin' for a smallish HP gain to start.

rxsumo (Darryl) also gave me a complete 2.5 and 4spd out of an E12 but i'm still missin' the clutch master cylinder tho.

OK, so I'm one small step ahead in the Parts Acquisition Dept . . . . :rolleyes: I picked up a complete driveable E12 525 with rego on hold for less than some vendors were asking for gearboxes only. I just can't see myself starting any meaningful work on my car before this Xmas. :angry:

Supercharged eh? These cars are already a somewhat unique sight on the kiwi automotive landscape these days, but that's gonna be out on its own! I've taken the lazy "ya can't beat cubic inches" approach. I've also managed to dodge the rust bullet too - my car is rust-free, and the interior is mint. Even the paint & brightwork is quite acceptable.

OK, so I'm one small step ahead in the Parts Acquisition Dept . . . . :rolleyes: I picked up a complete driveable E12 525 with rego on hold for less than some vendors were asking for gearboxes only. I just can't see myself starting any meaningful work on my car before this Xmas. :angry:

Supercharged eh? These cars are already a somewhat unique sight on the kiwi automotive landscape these days, but that's gonna be out on its own! I've taken the lazy "ya can't beat cubic inches" approach. I've also managed to dodge the rust bullet too - my car is rust-free, and the interior is mint. Even the paint & brightwork is quite acceptable.

There is this local to me but he wants FAR too much for what it is and the fact the only thing i want to or can use is the master cyl'.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-232725971.htm

There is also this if i want a 'Big Block'

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-234646812.htm

but i think with mine being carb'd it will make it easier to S/C

The one real thing i don't like 'bout mine is the blue interior, seems 90% of E3's have blue inside tho' lol.

Ya, that would be a very expensive master cylinder . . . . .

My car has a blue interior too! It's cloth though, not vinyl. I bought the interior out of a wrecked E3 several years ago. It was black for a change, and unmarked. Unfortunately my storage arrangements at the time were less than ideal, and there have been generations of mice making a home in the stuffing. :(

Unfortunately my storage arrangements at the time were less than ideal, and there have been generations of mice making a home in the stuffing. :(

The padding in the seats is actually horse hair, some of it in my rear seat has dried out so it sounds kinda crunchy lol.

Got the doors off and stripped down and most of the stuff out of engine bay.

Every nut and bolt we take out of this car is so easy it's like the car was put together last year lol.

Doors are super clean, the only dodgy bit is lower front corner of drivers door, due to silly factory foam blocks they put inside just above drain holes. Drivers side rear door is brand new, car must've had a crunch there at some stage.

The window frames in these cars are stainless steel and just unbolt.

Have finally decided on a color, it's a brown met' with a green tinge and gold pearl overlay.

Will be pulling the interior next as i've got a black interior comin'......actually have a more or less complete 3.0Si with 4spd comin' :D

Woah that colour is going to look badass John!

Will have to come and drop in as it progresses a little further!

Far out Jon thats some nice taste in colour! Reminds me of the custom colour my old teg used to be was soo nice. Urs is darker and more brown and i like it better. Top stuff, ill join blair for a catch up soon and we will bring ours out to show off also.

Luke

Well today i got the clutch master cylinder i needed, it came with a car tho' lol.

It's a bit rusty :rolleyes: but it is a running 3 litre manual with tidy black interior and vented 4 wheel disks.

So now the project speeds up again.

Edited by bellicose