Sign in to follow this  
PeteG

e30 318i Manuel Conversion

I rang BNT for a spigot bearing but they dont have listing for a E30 318i spigot bearing. I guess that I will need to call BMW and get the part number or does someone know what that is or what equivlant bearing would fit?

i will be in tauranga over the xmas new years period. so your welcome to drive down and i will help you do everything. it should only take a day+time for drinking if everything works.

im not responable for parts that dont fit when everthing is out of the car. nor want to put an auto back in cause of that. i have all the right tools at hand so thats no worry.

TIM, heres my number if you have any questions 0210378917

I rang BNT for a spigot bearing but they dont have listing for a E30 318i spigot bearing. I guess that I will need to call BMW and get the part number or does someone know what that is or what equivlant bearing would fit?

Spigot bearing is what the BMW centre called it. It took me a while to work that one out aswell as I had to explain where it was and what it did before they found the name and part number.

If you don't have one then your gearbox input shaft will be a little sloppy and will you will fast wear out your g/box alot faster than you should. The bearings are all the same on the 6cyl engines so I would assume that there's one type for all of the 4cyl engines.

If you ring BNT and ask for a clutch replacement kit it will come with a clutch disc and pressure plate. If not BNT then go to a BMW centre.