Sign in to follow this  
keen

Help e46 radiator header tank can't get it off

I have a 2000 e46 318 m43 engine it appears that the radiator header tank has split and I have removed the top and bottom hose and the clip at the bottom it can be wiggled but it is not coming free. there appears to be an attachment at the top on the right , I have taken the torx screw out but it still won't come free what have I missed or does it need a firm lift to get it out . I'm waiting for a reply to this if anyone can please help soon, its getting dark and I'm scared of the dark. Ken

I have a 2000 e46 318 m43 engine it appears that the radiator header tank has split and I have removed the top and bottom hose and the clip at the bottom it can be wiggled but it is not coming free. there appears to be an attachment at the top on the right , I have taken the torx screw out but it still won't come free what have I missed or does it need a firm lift to get it out . I'm waiting for a reply to this if anyone can please help soon, its getting dark and I'm scared of the dark. Ken

You might find this helpfull

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=543989

Thanks It came off as said. Is this a problem part the car has just done 62000 Ks I would have thought that BMW would have made things to last longer. they used to have a good reliability record.

Common problem. All the cooling system plastic components are made out of recycled plastic. The plastic only lasts 5-6 years. You might find other components need replacing as well. Check for browning discolouration of the plastic..or if you can see pelletisation in the plastic...replace the component.