Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Wiper & Indicator Stalks - removal

Anybody know how to remove the end caps so I can put these on (search ID on Trademe) = 234181108. Am thinking of buying a pair, but am unsure how to remove the caps? I took the ends on (they popped off) but cant figure out how to remove the rest of it without breaking it off.

He told me (a while ago via Q&A) they are removable by simply unclipping, but I cant figure it out...anybody? :mellow:

:0 what...

what's wrong with the nice black ones that your car came with?

Nothings wrong with them. I just want to do stuff to my BMW to make it different from the rest...you know, thats what modifying your is about? Doing what you like... :unsure:

So anybody know how to remove the caps? Not the entire stalks, just the ends. :mellow:

Why not save the hassle of buying some, Just mask off the ends and spray them?

That would look so how do I put it....tacky? Id rather the real thing...would look more unique with polished alloy knobs. Will match my gearknob also.

Edited by Shady

Why cant you just directly link the auctions and stop fking round with these silly auction numbers?

ps I don't mean that as angrily as it sounds sorry.

Nothings wrong with them. I just want to do stuff to my BMW to make it different from the rest...you know, thats what modifying your is about? Doing what you like... :unsure:

Hmm that's true :P at the end of the day, it's your car, don't let me stop you :)

I'm just an elitest prick :)

hahah all good Im used to it. We all got our tastes though, and alot of the time I prefer to do stuff on the opposite side of everyone else. Rather than follow the crowd (not everything but most things).

So I take it no one really knows how to remove the covers of the stalks? Guess Im just gonna have to go have a play & "try" not break them lol oh no :rolleyes:

Take off your steering wheel, big nut under the centre cap (4 way wheel nut iron works well) and un-screw the stalks and pull untill you get it. Don't put an elbow through the window when it lets go!

And when you put the steering wheel back on, make sure you don't snap off the little tabs which reset your indicator after you are finished turning. Trust me it sucks, you'll be switching off the indicator in every car you drive after getting used to it in a E30..

Just a note, I have completly stock stalks and would NEVER consider doing gross sh*t like that to my car.

Got the knobs off the stalks. What a mish. Had to pop the end caps off and twist non-stop until they popped off. Not worth putting back on now lol all nicely munched as I het to use pliers. Now have no knobs on them until I buy the alloy ones...oh well next week. :rolleyes: Got a bit commited when I started using the pliers, so couldnt them half on half off and a bit munched. haha

Edited by Shady