Sign in to follow this  
shaneg

Hand to Hand Combat

Hi, just thought i'd see if anyone wants to learn some cool sh*t..

A friend of mine is the Auckland Instructor for this Close Combat School classes are in Newmarket, check the page out if you want some info, he's just got back from Waiouru doing a refresher course for the S.A.S as the are heading back to Afghanistan and need to be on to it in case of trouble. Also a few other classes around Auckland NZ Depots

His Instructor, the one that designed the System is the only civilian Qualified as a Master Chief Instructor, he teaches the SAS and also the Jordan army and the King of Jordans bodyguards, and spent his life learning from Special Forces Instructors and ex WW2 war Veterans.

Anyway read the link, its interesting stuff.

Classes are from 630 til 730 Mon to Thurs.

And there is a week long test every March in Dunedin when you get to put your skills to the test.

I go along every tuesday, as i work almost every other night... gaylord

Was gonna head to the photoshoot tonight but got this on instead...

Edited by Simon*

Guest Simon*

I can vouch for Geoff Todd's credentials. He is THE man when it comes to Close Quarter Battle and self defence

Will this beat a gun? I want to be able to waist a gun... as do the S.A.S.

Is he the trainer for all the CQB on basic trainings etc? im quite keen to head along to this in a few months once I have a bit more MMA and BJJ under my belt. only problem I have with CQB is that the whole purpose of it is to disable and kill your opponent as quickly as possible. So if you find your self in a situation where you had to use what you learned, would you not get your self into some serious trouble?

I've had a good friend do this and beyond, you'll need a reasonable level of fitness and some size.

Yeah Geoff Todd is the man..

Head Instructor in Auckland is Lee Smith, ex Heavyweight Cage fighting champ..

Not a great deal of fitness is required, it is physical but not like boxing etc, we dont run or do 100 push ups, just a lot of technique and practice against each other..

Also he will be starting mma classes on wednesdays soon, and is building a cage at some stage too.

As for guns, in phase 3 you learn weapon disarmament.. so yes you can beat a gun... one day grasshopper :D

i am heading along next monday at 615, but usually do mon and tues, as i work at nights

size doesnt matter.. thats the point, learning to deal with a variety of situations and opponent size

p.m if you wanna come and i'll give you the address and details.