Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

Blaupunkt E30 Tape Player Fix?

Hi Guys,

My tape player is a little bit broken. When putting in a tape, it plays forwards then backwards intermittently - varying the sound level of the music playing, and generally just being a a bloody nuisance. I have located the fault - a tiny wee plastic wheel thing is cracked and therefore isn't staying on the spring, and screwing up the inside of the deck.

So now my mission is to locate where I can get this part, or, alternatively, get a cheap as Blaupunkt Melbourne SQR 26 tape deck in excellent working order. Someone is bound to have one as plenty will have been replaced by modern CD players etc. Comes out of an 89 E30 316i.

Unless, does anyone have any ideas on a rangi job I could do to fix up the wee wheel thingy? I can post photos if anyone needs clarifying.

Cheers

Em

P.S. Just spent $500 on the E30 today so don't go suggesting a new sound set up unless you are willing to gift it to me :P.

Get a CD player!

I have one somewhere you can have.

or if u want to keep it original, i have my old head deck lieing around somewhere. u can have, just need to pay for shipping

Thanks guys, Yeah would love to keep it mint an original. Thanks Wolliver, is it a Blau Melbourne 36?

i have a couple of old decks .

original bmw unit with code from a e28 87 .

and also some older blaupunkt units .

Hmm, sorry gave the Pioneer CD Stacker that came in my E30 to dad for his ute. otherwise you could've had it.

Cheers guys for all your help, still on the look out. Hopefully yours is the right one, Brent.

If not, it shouldn't be that hard to make it work... assuming you'd have the correct wiring loom.

ok . have a sqr49

also have a nice alpine/bmw unit from a 87 525e

and other period sony ones , pull out types . detachable face type , with or with out matching cd stackers.

post-279-1250119792_thumb.jpg

post-279-1250119885_thumb.jpg

post-279-1250120047_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Will be hard to make it work since I know whats wrong and cant get the part... Brent could you please take a pic of the back of the SQR49?

i just hooked it up , it lights up but no sound from it .

let me know if you are still wanting it .

cheers brent

Well I can't guarantee that the part is inside it that I need, so cheers for the offer Brent but I'll just wait till another one comes along.