Sign in to follow this  
325GRANT

wellington street race

I agree, lets get as many people behind this as possible.

This is about the last opportunity we have to keep some of the worlds best 'tin top' racing in New Zealand.

Cheers

Done!

Wellington's street race was great to watch. The track was terrible to drive though.

Only reason I go there. Would be quite happy if they got back as it was a great week away. Better pit facilities than Puke has too (underground carparks and parking buildings)

Puke is a sh*t track. The Auckland street race was proposed in a stupid place. It was always going to fail.

Hoonapuna in Christchurch would also be good.

Auckland would have been cool no matter what the track was like but I always loved the Wellington one as it was such an interesting track. This use to rank as high for me as the Bathurst 1000 (pre Aussie V8 monsters) when the racing was interesting.

Its a great excuse to go away.... I wonder how I can convince my wife that it would be good idea?

My votes in.

I should point out that the street circuit propsed is not like the old one. The waterfront track section around Frank Kitts park is no longer viable as they replaced a vital bridge with a foot traffic one. This means it will never be the same as before unless the demolish the new bridge and stick a road one back in.

I'm hoping it goes ahead, it would be great to have the V8's racing round the city.

instead of the regular boy racers racing round in their evos and wrxs and civics etc?

Yeah i really hope it happens - it would be awsome hearing the sound of the v8s echoed by all the tall buildings!!!