Sign in to follow this  
CaMo

Certification

Ok

Long story short.

Bought a 98 6cyl 4 door 320i. Looked great, drove great. Went for WOF - NO its too low. Discover shocks are shortened so put in original shocks with just some lowering springs that have been used on a 318 and got wofs no worries. Drop it down and HELLO now my car is the same god damn height but has spongy suspension now (6cylinder heavy tank compared to 318 I pressume).

Basically I wanna know if I put the other shortened ones in that are a lot stiffer and probably better ride will this pass a cert. Also very important is the price of this cert. Was quoted $500 by a place in hamilton but a bit steep for me.

I'm sure I've heard of cheaper places?

Any help appreciated

Cheers <_<

1/ Shortened shocks won't affect your ride height. Springs are the issue.

2/ The cost of a BRAND NEW decent set of quality lowering springs that are low, but not low enough to require a cert will cost less than the price of a cert.

Buy some new springs and go get a WOF.

I can recommend H&R springs the like of which you can get from our friendly forum sponsor Keith AKA SUSPENSION.

I agree with Bravo on getting new springs. I recommend Keith too, he will hook you up with some decent springs suited to what your after for a very good price.

Low Volume Cert is a lot of money $400-$520. And the whole car gets a going over, so even if you're only going for certing suspension, you might fail on something else.

Ok, cheers people. Only problem is I think it will look funny if it is higher than what it currently is. Is it best to put new lowering springs on the fronnt shortened shocks or standard ones?

It probably looks funny now if it's that low.

Go talk to a suspension expert in your area. They look at your car and talk over the options. Sounds like it's a bit of a death trap at the moment.

Death trap? Hmmm I wouldn't go that far

Anyway I am looking to make it legit. One way or another. Thanks for your help. Shall send Keith a PM