Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Getrag 260 fuild levels

Hi Guys

this is basically what info i have

1. do you know what fluid to put in there are 3 different fluids for our tranies.

2. there will be either a male 17mm pointing straight down and one to the pass side OR female 17mm at the same locations.

3. pull out the fill plug first.

4 if you have the female plugs use some wt of gear lube like 75-90 / 80-90 or anything else really.

5 if you have the male plugs you should have a bright sticker on it one is green and says special on it and i think the other is orange. if you have the green sticker that calls for synchomesh fluid GM makes the best stuff, 6 the orange sticker calls for dextron III

And stupid question whats the diffrence between male and Female plugs??

also i dont have any stickers on mine and the gearbox from a e32 pretty sure its a 260/5.

any help would be appreciated as i think the seals leaking and just hope its cause of the fuild is getting to hot

cheerss

If its leaking.....fix the leaks

The oil should be G3 full synthetic or you can use 75w80 full synthetic for high load applications

Male plugs poke out (like a headphone jack)

Female plugs take it (oo yeah) (Like where you put the jack into to)

I use Redline MTL from BNT. Full synthetic. Win.

And I notice leaks when the bottom drain plug is not done up tight enough, just keep tightening each day untill not more leaks appear.

And I notice leaks when the bottom drain plug is not done up tight enough, just keep tightening each day untill not more leaks appear.

Or untill you split the gearbox casing :wacko: The plugs are tappered. Use Eurothane sealant and don't overtighten them.

Ha yeah it's not like you have to bust a vein to get it tight enough. Will take note of sealant however.

Guest FrantiC

lol @ the remove fill plug first.

Would suck to find out after draining ur fluid that your fill bung is seized and won't come out :rolleyes:

My DRAIN plug is the stuck one on my gearbox.. I just tipped it on it's side when it was out to emtpy it and filled it once it was back in the car with Redline MTL.

lol @ the remove fill plug first.

Would suck to find out after draining ur fluid that your fill bung is seized and won't come out :rolleyes:

My DRAIN plug is the stuck one on my gearbox.. I just tipped it on it's side when it was out to emtpy it and filled it once it was back in the car with Redline MTL.

This did happen to me, it was fail as. use some "CRC pentrat8" before you try and loosen either drain plug and it will make your day much more dandy.

Thanks Guys

I got the right fluid and i think the leak has stoped, just need to change the fluid next w.e and if my shifters cut by then it should be good to go

Cheers