Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Gearbox Sensor e28

Hi Guys

My Getrag 260 has a sensor on the side of the box (out of a e32) and im geussing that i need to wiring this into the speed sensor input on the motronic 1.3 wireing harness - i was using a wire off the coil to the speedinput and the car seemed to go fine.

but now i had to take that wire off for wof reasons, do i just need to wire it up or is there some testing i should do first

Cheers

motronic 1.3 does use a bellhousing sensor , it uses a crank hub sensor and a ref cable around one of the spark plug leads .

what is this going into?? , what have you modified ???

the older motronic 1.0 and 1.1 use a crank angle an dref sensor mounted in the bellhousing and you need a flywheel with a pick up point for it to work , but this was only used in e28 535i e24 535i e23 735i from about 1982 till 1987

e28 528i use l-jetronic

Hi Brent

The engine is the M30B35 i got off you awhile back out of a E32, and the Getrag 260 box i have said it was out of a e32 and has a sensor on the side with two wires hanging off

using motronic 1.3 - so dont know if i need to do anything with these wires?? - can they be connected to the Tachomater as i major failed and couldnt find some of the wiring connections for Tacho so just connected it to the coil but when i hit i big bumb it falls off.

Cheers

thats right you dont need the sensors on the side of the gearbox .

tacho comes off the fat greem wire in teh engine loom