Sign in to follow this  
vyking56

E39 - Where's the Video Module?

Where would I find the "video module" on a 99 E39 540? (ex japan) Before I gut the boot looking for it - am I even in the right place? From what I've read from other peoples experience - it's somewhere in amongst this lot.

Am I even warm?!

Also, is there any easy way to install a band expander or similar re-modulation device which will let me listen to something other than "Classic Hits" until my iPod adapter turns up? If so, I assume that would be in this area too?

Thanks in advanced :D

Posted Image

thats just the amp module .

is there something behind that .

maybe the radio module is behind stereo tv part??

Band expanders dont work well on these-waste of money.

As per you other thread-PM Hotwire-he will be able to answer all these questions & sort your radio.

Video moule - in boot on drivers side behind lining bulge on seat back

Radio module same bulge on passenger side

As Mark (Rotty) said - band expanders in these cars are crap!

PM me for any advice

Where would I find the "video module" on a 99 E39 540? (ex japan) Before I gut the boot looking for it - am I even in the right place? From what I've read from other peoples experience - it's somewhere in amongst this lot.

Am I even warm?!

It's in the boot, but it's mounted on the back of the rear seat, right hand side. It's behind the bulge in the boot lining. Remove boot lining to observe.

Also, is there any easy way to install a band expander or similar re-modulation device which will let me listen to something other than "Classic Hits" until my iPod adapter turns up? If so, I assume that would be in this area too?

Replace the tuner module (radio module), on boot left hand side rear-seat back bulge with a Euro model radio module.

Not a US module!

Radio modules can be had from Grant (hotwire) or found easily on ebay Germany. Or hunt at a wreckers, but they often only have Japanese tuners, not Euro tuners.

But any tuner out of a pre 2001 car ex NZ, Europe, Singapore of South Africa will work.