Sign in to follow this  
User Name

WOF E28 - Help

Hi Guys

Basically Quick questions i have read over the WOF - checklist sheets and there is a few things im worried with.

1. Engine mount (swapped in a M30B35 from a E32 and was missing Mount bolt hole) so created a temporary Right mount with Stock e28 mount+Metal Bracket) - would i need to get this remade or welded

2. Hole were Gearlever Goes ( Cut Larger towards rear of car due to space issue - 10cm more back)

3. Modified Driveshaft e28+e32 (couldnt get E32 spline of Manual Gearbox without to much cost, so had drive shafts welded together)

4. minor cracked indicator lens (still works fine and looks fine)

5. Wiring location (put wiring loom through back of firewall in small 15x15cm hole maybe bit smaller)

6. Shimmy when driving on my 17 with 245/40/R17 - reakon just needs blancing/alinment (defo some 240/40/R17's when i have the cash to stop bumb and grind on big bumps)

So any help on above topics would be greatly appreciated, otherwise i may be forced to - BUY A SHELL or Get A Semi Dogy Wof for some beer :)

Guest FrantiC

You probably won't get a WOF without the car being LVV certed for the engine swap..

Yep, will have to get cert', as soon as you start f**kin' with engine mount that's it.

I guess the M30b35 was out of a late E32, the early E32 mounts are the same as E28.

Edited by bellicose

I can't remember what you've got but if it's a tidy BMW conversion half the muppets won't even know if you don't say anything.

^^^^^^ +1 most WOF inspectors woldnt even look twice unless they knew a bit about BMW's. Just rub some oil and grease over the mount and then throw some dirt at it

swap e34 gear lever shifter parts for a e28 shifter parts.

thne your gearlever will be in the right place

+2 I got a WOF straight up with a later M50 dohc motor in my e30. Was so tidy it looked like it was meant to be in there ;)

Gutting for me

oh well lets see how clean i can sus it out and ill bring pic's to see what people think,

but i have read the WOF spreedsheets and it states you are alowed to change the intake manifold - aslong it doesnt give you a performance upgrade of more than 20% - and the block has no markings besides on the intake stating size

so your right unless they know about bmw's i dont think they will notice that anything is diffrent.

if they do then ill have to get a new shell - and use the current one for a play car with a evo engine in it :)

Guest FrantiC

Don't get a new shell. You can certify it for $450-$550..

I guess have a try and see if they notice anything, if not your in luck I guess.

Ive already had to pay for that when the ABS got taken out and the Wof station that re-registered the car didnt change the details argh $300 for nothing

and yea ill give it a try - just need to make it look nice

and i mean the current shell cost me $600 in working order (well without 2nd gear in the auto) with a registration - until it had a few accidents etc and got taken off the road and i fogot to put rego on hold that was costly

but will see how it goes

thanks guys