Sign in to follow this  
zenetti

an email I just received

Also heard, compressing, if not done right, can weaken the spring which in time will cause it to crack etc. A pretty technical procedure by the sounds of what I've heard - having to make sure each spring is heated & cooled correctly. Wouldnt be cheap either...

Oh really?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thank you so much for telling me!

My hero.

Edited by MS BM

My mates old e30 had a set of compressed springs in the back, they were fine ( they never cracked or anything ) but yeah... whats the point when you can get a new set of springs for piss all.

Guest FrantiC

I remember looking at a honda accord at Mag N Tyre here in Hastings, Was getting the front springs comrpessed. Pretty sure it was just $60 for the pair the guy said.

And lol didn't know fuel gauge went all weird being low in an e30. Mines usually "slammed to the ground yo" and I have never had an issue with my gauge reading wrong, I used to drive it on fuel light all the time too, and I could get quite a few k's out of it before it would run out of gas.

Oh really?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thank you so much for telling me!

My hero.

Best reply to what he said would've been

"Cool story bro"

Why compress when you can cut :)

*joking of course

x2 :ph34r:

And lol didn't know fuel gauge went all weird being low in an e30. Mines usually "slammed to the ground yo" and I have never had an issue with my gauge reading wrong, I used to drive it on fuel light all the time too, and I could get quite a few k's out of it before it would run out of gas.

Go fishing much :P

Tell him ,

"if he wants to 'Compress' the springs, he can hire a spring compressor for about $15.00

[ re setting them is a lot harder ]

Tell him ,

"if he wants to 'Compress' the springs, he can hire a spring compressor for about $15.00

[ re setting them is a lot harder ]

Compress them then get a propane torch and heap them up. Done =D.

( dont do this )