Sign in to follow this  
Shady

New Spring Pads - advice please

Just saw these on Trademe. They are for the rear springs. Was thinking of buying some.

Is that a good price, and are they ideal replacements? Cos if I remember rightly, the factory pads are different?

I dont want to buy them, then find out they are a waste of time...so some realistic advice please, thanks.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-237473365.htm

My factory ones are a bit worn out....

I brought some mainly cause they went with the blue theme on the underside of my car, and anything urethane in my eyes = win.

Do notice my car sits a little higher at the rear with them in, I brought 10mm ones.

Edited by Forrest

Yeah I understand the rear will sit higher. I just want to upgrade or at least replace, my current pads (from & back) mainly cos they just look like crap & be good to make the car look better. Will slowly replace things here n there until I decide its time to sell (I may talk my self out of it yet lol!)

And Forrest, did you buy those exact pads? Did they fit good?

Edited by Shady

^ I brought those exact ones, except the 10mm option, fit as an OEM pad would.

Edited by Forrest

^ Also, don't you get outrageous vibration without spring pads :huh: don't know how they make your car stiffer either without them

Rubber is spongey and moves when wieght is placed on it.. Steel doesnt. Thats what i would have thought anyway. I could be wrong. My race car doesnt have them in and its fine