Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

AC Schnitzer

Just curious - I thought AC schnitzer were just a company that made nice kits and flash accessories. Do they make engines as well. I just noticed this 325 on trademe sporting a AC Schnitzer engine which the buyer claims to be authentic.

If it is, how might I tell whether or not it is one. Any idea of the BHP ?

as far as i know they didnt....http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/BMW/auction-19964492.htm

is that the one?

probably BS.....and thats not bimmersport ladies and gents

if they did...which is not unlikely...it was probably a 2.7 making somewhere in the region of 200hp....or 30 more than stock....both the alpina and hartge 2.7's made similar amounts

You could have a AC Schnitzer tuned engine ... IE goes into their motorworks workshop and gets things done to it .. however I doubt it very much in this example ... people get confused a lot with whole AC Schnitzer thing.. Really its much the same as racing dynamics was, just tuning parts.

Agreed, Schintzer don't do with engines what Hartge or Aplina do

May I point out that that car has Hartge alloys - probably the exact same ones that Ian has, perfect fakes - surprises me that that car doesn't have Hartge badges on it too ^_^

as i was aware, ac schnitzer do "engine kits" which consist of bolt on engine mods, that the bmw dealership do for a decent price. He may have got the ac schnitzer engine mods and not the bodykit etc

altho is that an ac schnitzer kit?

I googled AC Schnitzer+Engine and got a fair few results, but I spose you'd expect many because tehy are such related words.

Someones tried to make it look really good by mixing kits. Hartge Wheels, Schnitzer badges, god knows what brand kit.

Edited by E30stz

AC Schnitzer is a tuning company

Kits wheels and other things like that..

The also back in the day did 2.7 motors and custom parts for it like rocker covers and crank shafts..

The only parts for e30's now is the crank

I posted a question to him and he has replied.

Can you verify about the AC Schnitzer Engine please, as i have email my friend at BMW dealer and they said that AC Schnitzer didn't offer entire engines, they only offered parts. So it isn't considered an AC Schnitzer engine. If you could 100% verify and prove it then i would definatly be very keen on the vehicle.  posted by: aliluya (35 )  12:31 am, Wed 15 Dec

not entirely sure on engine to be honest was told by dealer it was ac shcnitzer but will get it checkd to verify for you. could possibly just be parts. will post pics for all.

ACS was just aftermarket. Licensed out to a number of operators. I'd drive the car. If it goes like a cut cat, you're in. If not, get in the car you came in and go home. My two cents.

J

Guest Spargo

Those Hartge "fakes" are Borbet C rims, and bear only passing resemblence to Hartge rims.

If it is infact a genuine Schnizter 2.7, that thing would be worth it for the motor alone.

i always knew schnitzer to be like dinan because the sell bits and peices for ur engine and maybe created a full package that tuned ur engine etc but doesnt actually make it a schniter engine it just makes it a schnitzer tuned engine

sh*t im confussed :blink: