Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

changed the interior on my M535i

My Webpage page 10 . Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagespent the last 2 days pulling all the interior out my project M535i , removed all seats ,consoles ,dash , windscreen (cracked),carpet etc . had most the bits from the cars i have stripped . had to buy a dash and a centre console with the A/C grills . dyed the leather with VHT carpet/vinyl spray on dye .

fitted a cd player and speakers.

repaired 2 rust holes in bottom corners of windscreen ..

Next job is replace or rebuild the 462000km engine .

still goes but has a very worn number one cam lobes .and oil passes by the valve guides .

and after this millage i should rebuild the bottom end as well .

have another 2nd hand engine lined up from a 1987 535ia with 280000km but it goes ok .

will pull the engine out of it and sell the car minus engine .

at some stage later i will rebuild the high millage lower block and fit it into my E34 535i with the hartge head on it .

any way enjoy the pics .

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/584448/10

dyed the leather with VHT carpet/vinyl spray on dye

Can I give a couple of recommendations for your leather ?

Firstly to get rid of the discolouration in the cracks use some black shoe polish. Put a little on a cloth and gentle rub it in. You only want to use enough to change the colour of the cracked leather not leave enough on there to rub off onto your clothes !

Secondly (and this stuff is the dogs bollox) get yourself some of this....

http://www.liquidleather.com/

They will send to NZ and I used it on my 750 in England and although the seats werent quite like yours they came out looking fantastic after several sessions with this stuff.

Get the cleaner and the conditioner. The cleaner will amaze you. Even seats that look clean will show just how dirty they are with this, and when you get to the conditioner, dont use a cloth, put some rubber gloves on and just massage it in with your hands.

The smell once you have finished is amazing and you will enjoy that for along time.

Bear in mind that seats in that condition may take several applications of both, my 750 took three monthly efforts, and give your self plenty of time on it and they will come up brilliantly.

I brought some of this stuff over, but there is nothing you can offer me to make me part with it.....its that good.

Cheers

Martyn