Sign in to follow this  
JasonL

M60 For an E30

Looking at buying a 1993 BMW 530 M60 V8

I have an E30 coupe. Has the 260 gearbox in it. will this engine bolt on?

I have checked google but people haven't really answer my question some say it will work others say no it will not.

Just looking for a straight answer and if any mods would be needed. (currently have 320i)

Cheers

Guys

No. Your gearbox won't work.

Sammy J on the forums is doing a conversion at the moment... search his thread for more details.

No. Your gearbox won't work.

Sammy J on the forums is doing a conversion at the moment... search his thread for more details.

Bugger :C

Cheers for the quick reply. Will look into it.

yeah mate the old g260 wont work with the v8. it would just destroy it with the v8s torque anyway

Oh bummer there was on trademe for $1000. Was thinking of dropping it in if it worked. MMmm Oh well I'll keep my eyes open for a m50 then :D

260's handle HX35's/GT35's on M20s producing monster sized torques Sam, they are tanks :D

Yeah I read a thread about this. People saying they can take the power but bolt pattern might not be the same. I couldn't really get a good answer. That's why I'm asking on here.

260's handle HX35's/GT35's on M20s producing monster sized torques Sam, they are tanks :D

really? everyone was telling me that it wouldnt handle a m50b28! but hmm stand corrected thats good to know as my friend has plans for his m20

Hey mate,

I am the guy selling the engine, you could have it with the Tiptronic Auto, still has selectable gears.

I have been thinking of buying an E30 and putting the engine and box in, I think it would still be fun and a great driver even with the Auto. It would be mental with a turbo or two on it(I had an idea to run a couple of turbos at 5-6psi and aim for 350bhp.

My brother has a 318 Turbo and I keep telling him I will build a V8 to beat him hahaha.

Cheers,

Barry.

Hey mate,

I am the guy selling the engine, you could have it with the Tiptronic Auto, still has selectable gears.

I have been thinking of buying an E30 and putting the engine and box in, I think it would still be fun and a great driver even with the Auto. It would be mental with a turbo or two on it(I had an idea to run a couple of turbos at 5-6psi and aim for 350bhp.

My brother has a 318 Turbo and I keep telling him I will build a V8 to beat him hahaha.

Cheers,

Barry.

Haha Heya Barry,

I just got a manual box put into ma bimmer so dont really want to go back to the auto :c

I will see what people think about it first be great if she'd work.

Also would I need other parts?

New ecu ?

Inter cooler ?

Stuff like that.

Haha Heya Barry,

I just got a manual box put into ma bimmer so dont really want to go back to the auto :c

I will see what people think about it first be great if she'd work.

Also would I need other parts?

New ecu ?

Inter cooler ?

Stuff like that.

Only if you wanted a turbo yes.

email me mate and I will tell you what I had in mind. barry@databusters.co.uk

Only if you wanted a turbo yes.

email me mate and I will tell you what I had in mind. barry@databusters.co.uk

Haha keep it non turbo to start with and if I want power then would do it. Will see if I can get the old man to sharft me couple hundred see if I can make the payments im still paying off ma gearbox.