Sign in to follow this  
keen

e46 2000 C/D wont read

I have a problem with the radio in the car saying that there are no C/D's in the player in the boot, but its full and I have taken the cartridge out and put it back in and tried to rearrange the C/D's but it still comes up the same can someone help with a lead in to this problem?

I have a problem with the radio in the car saying that there are no C/D's in the player in the boot, but its full and I have taken the cartridge out and put it back in and tried to rearrange the C/D's but it still comes up the same can someone help with a lead in to this problem?

CD changers are common to play up. Usually can be fixed OK

I use Max Electronics in Auckland. These changers are an Alpine unit & they are completely familiar with them

that's good to know but I'm in Palmerston north do you know anyone here? and is this not a do it yourself problem?

Dead laser or stuck mechanism

Consider replacing ye olde fashioned CD changer with a CP600BMW

SD card reader, plug and play, extremely easy to fit and very high quality

Around 1'000 songs and with full song title display

Google CP600BMW ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep, or that ^^^^^^^

Sorry don't know of anyone down your way but probably any decent radio repairer can do.

I use Max because they know those units well.

Easy enough to courier it to them

CD changers are common to play up. Usually can be fixed OK

I use Max Electronics in Auckland. These changers are an Alpine unit & they are completely familiar with them

+1...we use Max Electronics as well. Its usually the disc loader motors that play up

Dead laser or stuck mechanism

Consider replacing ye olde fashioned CD changer with a CP600BMW

SD card reader, plug and play, extremely easy to fit and very high quality

Around 1'000 songs and with full song title display

Google CP600BMW ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jochen I don't know much about the devise you are sujesting When you say 1ooo songs do you have to buy a card with songs on them or do you have to record some first then use them on the player?

Jochen I don't know much about the devise you are sujesting When you say 1ooo songs do you have to buy a card with songs on them or do you have to record some first then use them on the player?

It's an SD card reader.

Like all SD card readers on the market:

a ) you purchase an SD card of the desired size from your favourite SD card outlet eg Dork Smitch, Jaycar, or any hifi store

b ) you stick the SD card in your PC's SD card reader slot and dump as many songs as you can fit on the card, arranged in the order of your preference. Eg: make playlists in iTunes and dump the entire playlist.

c ) you go out to the car and stick the SD card in the CP600BMW SD card slot

d ) you then enjoy hours of music

Edited by jochen

It's an SD card reader.

Like all SD card readers on the market:

a ) you purchase an SD card of the desired size from your favourite SD card outlet eg Dork Smitch, Jaycar, or any hifi store

b ) you stick the SD card in your PC's SD card reader slot and dump as many songs as you can fit on the card, arranged in the order of your preference. Eg: make playlists in iTunes and dump the entire playlist.

c ) you go out to the car and stick the SD card in the CP600BMW SD card slot

d ) you then enjoy hours of music

thanks I'll go into d*ck Smiths and have a look

The card reader that Jochen has suggested is a great alternative, however the cost is going to be much higher than getting your old CD stacker repaired. I'll price the reader for you today.

Edited by *Glenn*

The card reader that Jochen has suggested is a great alternative, however the cost is going to be much higher than getting your old CD stacker repaired. I'll price the reader for you today.

thank you for the help

Have you got a part # Jochen...BMW couldnt help

it's not a BMW product. It's produced by Maintronic.de and sold through a sales channel for EUR 239,- plus shipping but including VAT in Europe.

( I have a beta and i love it)