Sign in to follow this  
Cadelac

Diesel Manual Conversion

A follow on from this thread:

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....mp;#entry270976

Hi all,

Basically, quick story short - I've been looking round for a BMW 330d in MANUAL. Probably around the E46 era...

Nothing has come up for quite some time so I'm looking for a bit of help regarding a manual conversion.

I've played around with manual swaps before in Subarus but never owned or got my hands on a BMW. The big question really is what is involved with the diesel side of things - are they slightly different boxes to the petrol 330s?? Does the diff need a swap etc.

Sorry to ask about such a wide (and spoken of) topic but nobody has really touched on diesels much!

Any information would be greatly appreciated (even recommendations on suppliers, mechanics and prices would be excellent!)

Thanks in advance,

James

You cant do it economically... too many issues.....its been covered before... after 1998 its uneconomic to do transmission or engine conversions on road compliant cars

You cant do it economically... too many issues.....its been covered before... after 1998 its uneconomic to do transmission or engine conversions on road compliant cars

Ok - cheers for the help.

Looks like I'll just have to sit tight and keep my eye out! :)