Sign in to follow this  
535iase1997

Slippery leather

Does anyone know a good way to soften the tan leather in my E39. I'm not sure if it suppose to be so stiff, this makes it quite slippery.

Thanks

It will be stiff and shiny because it's very dirty. Just needs a good clean and condition. Ryan "RJS" is the master of leather cleaning. Search for his threads on how he made his E36's seats look "as new".

I use a Meguiars Aloe cleaner then a Meguiars leather conditioner, its good stuff, did a 10 year old tan BMW interior last year with it and you should have seen the sh*t that came off, the white scrub cloth was black!

Try and do it on a cool morning as you will get uncomfortable in a hot car, it takes a hell of a long time to clean though, quite difficult actually, need a lot of elbow grease.

I used this stuff called Pelle leather cleaner. Worked a charm.

After the clean, i conditioned it with their wax oiled product. I need to give the front seats another going over, but the rears look and feel like new!!

I used both and both are great. You can buy Pelle at Farmers and Meguiars at any auto store (Repco, etc..)