Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Glovebox torch

anyone know anything about these? my torch doesnt seem to plug into the connector....i want it working..its pimp!

There's a guy trying to sell them on Trademe, get one off him.

I think there are two different kinds. The white one is for the E30 and other models, whereas the black ones are for the 'newer' BMWs..

Is there power at the connector??? May need new Ni-Cad's, they only have limited live span just like the one's in the S.I. board.

The white ones are indeed for older cars and the black ones for the newer models. I cant remember the exact date they changed over sorry but I would imagine it should be a white one for yours.

The also tend to die out after a while but they are so cheap its probably worth just getting a new one.

Before forking out on Trademe though, check the dealers price. I dont know what its like here but people sell this stuff all the time on ebay in the UK and they are always more expensive then the dealers !

Cheers

Martyn

its a black one...the problem is the connector doesnt actually fit the plug..which would explain if its a torch for the wrong model....there is power at the connector....ask me how i know :(

Guest Andrew

its a black one...the problem is the connector doesnt actually fit the plug..which would explain if its a torch for the wrong model....there is power at the connector....ask me how i know :(

they look so damn similar - can't you modify the plug a wee bit?