Sign in to follow this  
meanasmullet

spoiler?

ok my dad has just brought a 98 bmw 318i (e46) as a sort of run around weekend car.. so ne way he rung up havens bmw in nelson becos he wants a spoiler for it.. and he asked for a spoiler without a brakelight bcos he already got the high stop light, they sed they cant get them yet wen dad was following a 325i home lastnite it jus had the high stop light? n e help apreshiated? and also jus wondering how much a spoiler for this model car would be bcos they also quoted him $560 jus for the spoiler.. seems like a bit of a rip off 2 me

help apreshiated, thanks

jeremy

ok my dad has just brought a 98 bmw 318i (e46) as a sort of run around weekend car.. so ne way he rung up havens bmw in nelson becos he wants a spoiler for it.. and he asked for a spoiler without a brakelight bcos he already got the high stop light, they sed they cant get them yet wen dad was following a 325i home lastnite it jus had the high stop light? n e help apreshiated? and also jus wondering how much a spoiler for this model car would be bcos they also quoted him $560 jus for the spoiler.. seems like a bit of a rip off 2 me

help apreshiated, thanks

jeremy

possibly look at the AC schnitzer boot 'lip' .. the full spoliers make the e46's look longer than the are spose to be IMO ...

Posted Image

full spoiler

Posted Image

boot lip

I have the boot lip on mine .. and it sets the car off nicely. however its all up to what you like ...

Unfortunitly with the e46 .. you pay top dollar for the parts as they are still sold as new. Have a hunt around on the net ... its way cheaper to import one yourself.

RE: the stop light thing .... you can get anything you want .. you might have to get him to grab it off the net thats all ...

Toptown (hamilton) do the full spoliers ...

Edited by hybrid

no spoilers are no fun

unless its a aluminum racing wing ... phatness yo

nah but really im sure u can get them without or just get one with the stop ;amp in it but just dont connect it

but the prices are a bit of a rip so i wouldnt bother

but thats just my 2c's

oh yea dont get a generic spoiler ..... or a spoiler from a different make of car

i saw a e36 with a p10 primera spoiler.... ugh *shudders*

nah but really im sure u can get them without or just get one with the stop ;amp in it but just dont connect it

for a WOF, if the vehicle has an indicator or a light fitted, it has to work. So for example, if you add a wing (WHY!!!) with a high stop light, but dont hook the light up, you will fail your WOF.

IMO, wings are not the go. There are of course exceptions - like cars that actually need them, (like race cars etc) but honestly, adding a spoiler is just a bit of a waste - its not going to do anything for you!

Edited by Napier_E36

unless its a aluminum racing wing ... phatness yo

bad........ those things look like somebody flopped out the meccano set!

Posted Image

Posted Image

bad