Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

stupid ticket

hey guys i know a few of you have decent legal backgrounds

anyway i know there is an exclusion in the law that states you can drive an unwarrented car on the road for the purpose of getting to the testing station

anyway i got a warrent today on a car i have been doing up for the past couple of months

afterwards i drove into town to get rego (currently on hold) after getting the reg i return to my car to find a $200 hamilton city council ticket for not displaying a current rego

looking at the receipt he ticketed me 15 mins before i bought my reg a full 1 min after i left my car

can i fight this in similar circumstances and the wof rule or am i stuffed

any help appreciated

in which case i will pay using 2000 10c coins or maybe a mix of coins so they cant use the weighing machine

anyway i know there is an exclusion in the law that states you can drive an unwarrented car on the road for the purpose of getting to the testing station

anyway i got a warrent today on a car i have been doing up for the past couple of months

afterwards i drove into town to get rego (currently on hold) after getting the reg i return to my car to find a $200 hamilton city council ticket for not displaying a current rego

looking at the receipt he ticketed me 15 mins before i bought my reg a full 1 min after i left my car

any help appreciated

in which case i will pay using 2000 10c coins or maybe a mix of coins so they cant use the weighing machine

yep just write in and say your brought your rego on the same day, I have had the same thing before and got let off with out a fine.

any help appreciated

Bah that sux dude! You should get let off that no worries. I nearly had this happen when i took my bosses van to get a rego one lunch time in town. I hoped out of the van and walked down the rd towards the post office and noticed a parking officer walk past. I stopped and watched him walk and fair enough he stopped by the van looked where the rego label would usually be had a good investigate noticed i was watching him and walked away..

I would say you would get off.

Stopped a lady just about to give me one yesterday, same thing..

She still gave me the big 12$ fine though <_< better then another 2 hundy

i got a 12$ fine today haha

my mate had the same thing.

$200 same problem

She still gave me the big 12$ fine though <_<

i got a 12$ fine today haha

Dayum $12! What would one have to do to get a $12 fine? :lol:

Probably like 5mins, over due?

yea will go have a chat to them tomorrow

i was initially dumbfounded as i was like 1 min overdue on the meter when i got back and saw a ticket and was like seriously he must have been waiting for me to expire then just saw the $200 and just went blank it wasnt till i handed it to a friend that he noticed it was for reg not parking

also as a side note i dont blame them for noticing it it has been of the road for a bit and the old reg expired in july 2008 just been on hold since then

Hamilton city council are pretty stinge with letting people off parking tickets, Similiar thing happened to me, and they said i still had to pay it. I got a ticket for no current WOF (even tho it had been earlier that day and failed on and indicator light bulb)

Dayum $12! What would one have to do to get a $12 fine? :lol:

prob picking up some flowers for the Big Night tonight!

Or getting a 50 dollar fine for stopping in a bus stop to drop your sister off at the library.

Sister got let off a similar fine in Auckland a few months back. Just sent a copy of the receipt and ticket into them and they responded a few days later.

in future just get a 65$ A-class exemption reg. If you plan to drive car while not warranted it can save you a bit of money. This reg is ment to be for Non motorway or highway roads. and is limited to 90kms per hour so its not completely fool proof but 9/10 you will be pulled over on regular streets anyway.

in future just get a 65$ A-class exemption reg. If you plan to drive car while not warranted it can save you a bit of money. This reg is ment to be for Non motorway or highway roads. and is limited to 90kms per hour so its not completely fool proof but 9/10 you will be pulled over on regular streets anyway.

im considering that foir when i get my racecar road certed but i only drove it on the road that day 4km to get its wof then like 2 more to get a reg

anyway got class coming up soon will go have a chat to them this arvo and let you know how it went