Sign in to follow this  
ashmill

E34M5 For Sale

The time has come to start a project so the mighty M5 is for sale:

1990 E34 M5, NZ New, 245K, Macau Blue, Full History from new.

Interior: Full light grey leather in good condition with usual wear but no cuts or rips. Both front door cards slightly delaminated. Factory radio with 10 stack in the boot.

Body: Really good body wise - nice and straight. Good paint with only a few stone chips.

Wheels have been refurbished. Tyres are Dunlop Sport Maxx 235/45/17 with good tread left.

Engine: Is really strong and doesn't rattle. New timing chain done by Ernst at Bavarian 2 years ago. All cooling system hoses and drive belts are near new.

Gearbox is really good and changes well. Has a short shift kit installed but the original lever will go with the car.

I have owned this wonderful machine for 7 years and will be sorry to see it go but, it is time to move on.

Price is $15K negotiable. Call me on 0275 335 330 to discuss.

Photos will be posted soon.

Photos....post-116-1254808375.jpgpost-116-1254808382.jpgpost-116-1254808386.jpgpost-116-1254808391.jpgpost-116-1254808394.jpgpost-116-1254808397.jpgpost-116-1254808403.jpgpost-116-1254808409.jpgpost-116-1254808421.jpgpost-116-1254808426.jpg

post-116-1254808414.jpg

Edited by Penry

Is the M5 is a strictly four seater? Or is that rear center console a factory option. Ive never seen one of those before.

Is the M5 is a strictly four seater? Or is that rear center console a factory option. Ive never seen one of those before.

Yes it is a four seater - that bread box is an option.

S38B36 is it Bruce?

Yes it is the S38B36 - 315BHP - 360NM.

The time has come to start a project so the mighty M5 is for sale:

1990 E34 M5, NZ New, 245K, Macau Blue, Full History from new.

Interior: Full light grey leather in good condition with usual wear but no cuts or rips. Both front door cards slightly delaminated. Factory radio with 10 stack in the boot.

Body: Really good body wise - nice and straight. Good paint with only a few stone chips.

Wheels have been refurbished. Tyres are Dunlop Sport Maxx 235/45/17 with good tread left.

Engine: Is really strong and doesn't rattle. New timing chain done by Ernst at Bavarian 2 years ago. All cooling system hoses and drive belts are near new.

Gearbox is really good and changes well. Has a short shift kit installed but the original lever will go with the car.

I have owned this wonderful machine for 7 years and will be sorry to see it go but, it is time to move on.

Hey guys, just to inform you, about 4 years ago a friend of mine and I had a look at this car. It is a fabulous example of the E34 M5. A very rare colour, I am near certain that it is one of 2 in Macao blue (or maybe the only one) in NZ. Not many of them have complete leather either.

Compared to its 'younger brothers' with larger engines, these things are sturdy with less potentially to go wrong with them. The timing chain is duplex and the only thing that can be expensive when you keep it factory are the shocks.

If it wasn't for the fact that I am focusing on getting a new car for my wife, I would be very keen on this vehicle.

Like the E36 M3, these are ridiculously under-valued M cars.

Good luck with the sale Bruce, it is a fabulous car you are selling.

SS

Edited by Penry

I'm short 15k :(

Nice car man, My favorite. Hope it goes to a true enthusiast.

Thank you, I am hoping it goes to someone who really appreciates it for what it is - a true ///M car.

Guest Simon*

Good luck with the sale Bruce it is truly a fantastic car.

I'm sure it will go to a worthy enthusiast.

New project sounds interesting too!

Good luck with the sale Bruce and nice to see it's being replaced by another M car. Lovely colour.

Out of interest is it possible to seat 3 in the back by swapping the rear seats out?

Good luck with the sale Bruce and nice to see it's being replaced by another M car. Lovely colour.

Out of interest is it possible to seat 3 in the back by swapping the rear seats out?

that console might actually just come out leaving a std e34 rear seating configuration

that console might actually just come out leaving a std e34 rear seating configuration

the back section is std , you just need a std fold down arm rest to fit in there .

the lower sections (3 parts) will have to swapped out for a std bench type rear seat

the back section is std , you just need a std fold down arm rest to fit in there .

the lower sections (3 parts) will have to swapped out for a std bench type rear seat

Guys

Brent is on to it - it can be reconfigured into a five seater.

Guys

Brent is on to it - it can be reconfigured into a five seater.

almost tempting . you dont want a nice e34 535i as a trade do you

I quite like it as a 4 seater.

I think that'd be the way to go for what I would want. as most of the time, a car that size won't fit five teenagers worth of gear.

however the 5 seat is probably handy more than the cool box thing :)

almost tempting . you dont want a nice e34 535i as a trade do you

I have the replacement Brent. If i did take your 535i I would be tempted to put a roll cage in it so I'll pass, the E30 is enough. You can still buy the M5 though - remember the price is negotiable. :rolleyes:

Oh so tempting... what would I do with the 540 though, seems like such a shame to sell it already :(

Oh so tempting... what would I do with the 540 though, seems like such a shame to sell it already :(

Looks like it is off to Trademe - was hoping that wouldn't happen given the number of tyre kickers and time wasters out there. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.