Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

why the car is F*cked

well today i decided to jack the car up and give everyone some pictures of why my car is F*cked

as in the left rear wheel well is rusted out

according to the workshop its the worst they hav ever seen

so now i hav decided to cut my losses and sell as parts car

and negotiations with the people who gave it the warrent in this condiotion is under way

if u hav any questions bout what some things in the pictures are just ask

post-6-1104385717.jpg

Edited by bimmer boy

its got the mad cancer... kill it

what is the history of the car...import?,no of owners?,pre purchase inspection?,how did you get into this situation.Dont get me wrong I would be pissed off too,just a procedure for others

wow even the tube (insert?)for the shock is gone!

Edited by kiwi535

um yea im the 3rd owner of it

from singapore... go figure reson y only one elec window winds down

um stupidly i didnt get a pre-inspection thing done form the AA or any where

cos i assumed since it had a new WOF i figured it was at standards so it'll b sweet and i got it pretty cheap

it did come with some history like from jerry claytons and various other places to say it got bits and peices done to it

it came with a WOF paper but none of it is ticked or nothing its just stamped with pass and got the dudes number and WOF number etc and that was for the last warrent it got b4 i bought it so thats y we are negotiating with the service place to see wats going on etc

and if they nopt willing to do any thing and want to just ignore them im gunna go to LTSA and do them in and police (i dont know y the police but my dad said) and plus cos i could hav died in it when the wheel where all the rust is came off on great north road so yea they in trouble now! :finger:

p.s can a moderator move this to off topic please

Edited by bimmer boy

Man, real sorry about your car.. you must be pissed (not drunk but angry :D)

Your pics are 56k killers, we only have 56k lol :D Looking :ph34r: at jetstream though.....

u should we got it like 2 months ago its great

yea i was gutted wen i found out it was F*cked , but you know how it goes, you live and learn

FARRRRK!!! sorry to see that man - thats just down right foul. Have you tried going

back to the previous owneres and hitting them up about selling you a dud and

either taking the car back or refunding half the cars cost and what not?

Thats just sad !!

You should get the WOF place to take some blame for it and do some sort of compensation or else take them up with the LTSA for not have a good standard or too ruff with their examinations ..

Without knowing all of the specifics regarding the sale, what was or wasn't said, and how long ago it happened etc, it is hard to say, but it sounds like you have grounds for complaint against the vendor under the consumer guarantees and fair trading acts, and there is a separate act which deals specifically with motor vehicles.

The first place of call would be the LTSA - helpline number is 0800 699 000. Or the LTSA website

This case brings up the importance of a prepurchase inspection before buying a vehicle, even if you just get your mechanic to have a quick look, although a proper check by someone like the AA, or a BMW service centre is recommended. There are heaps of links on the net for those wanting advice on what to look for when buying a vehicle or you could get a copy of the dog and lemon guide mentioned elsewhere on this forum and available from your local bookstore which has a quite extensive prepurchase checklist with information (albeit a little harsh in some cases) on individual makes and models. The LTSA also has a info sheet here.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get on.

You should get the WOF place to take some blame for it and do some sort of compensation or else take them up with the LTSA for not have a good standard or too ruff with their examinations ..

thats not the answer man, the WOF check sheets fine print on the back states that if there is a fault with their checks - like if theyd missed somthing - they are only liable the refund of the WOF fee.

Therefore I think your arguement would be with the seller of the car - checking those ltsa sites listed above is a good idea, and getting money back somehow sounds like a good idea

B) looks like it was used by the beach lifesavers!! Probably driven by some git up north. They think the 90mile beach is a highway. Had a Nissan Z when I was in high school and it was totally rusted out as it had been driven on the beach (salt water)

post-18-1106148942.jpg