Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Turbo VS Supercharger

Your mate is correct Henry generally the Turbo’s are the best, regardless of size, application or vehicle type, the best turbo’s are ones with fancy names on then and multiple high digits’, the numbers directly correspond to the time you have to wait for the screamer to start howling, it’s at this point that any turbo becomes fast.

Superchargers are all the same regardless of car, Mini Cooper S, McLaren SLR same sh*t, a turbo will always have more top end power so rip that supercharger off and turbo it instead, it will be cheaper anyhow as you can get all the sh*t you need off trade-me and from wreckers.

My mates mate has so many turbo parts he must be a turbocharging factory!

I think any turbo with over 30 GT's in it is the best. THat's why I would stay away from the TD04 or th TD05, they only have 4 and 5 seconds of boost in them before you need to let the blow off valve off again. The GT60 is a full minute for maximum snakies down the street outside my house at 2pm.

And yeah lol I hear superchargers suck power OUT of the engine! Baaahaha like how do you make power if it is getting turned into belt driven noise and looks??

And who needs the responce of a supercharger when you can just brake-boost (build boost by braking and gassing at the same time keeping speed constant) and win all the races from a roll! cause once you hit full boost with a RB running a GT68 in 3rd, that sh*t is done!

Have you ever considered the direct exhaust injection system Ryobi? It's all the hype on the underground scene.

Posted Image

Leaves RB30s with RB25 heads and blow up valves and big boy exhausts for dead!

Edited by Mark247

There are guys pushing over 500hp on stock internals, But they are also running on the very edge of complete failure..

Dan Pinder on e30tech had a fully worked head, ported, bigger cams, bigger valves etc on a stock SuperETA bottem end. Made 450rwhp which is well over 500 crank HP. 27lbs of boost, NOS. It lasted heaps of drag races but ended up throwing a rod out of the block.. Obviously you wouldn't care much if just the bottem end suffered damage as it was stock anyways and easily replaceable. But stock bits won't handle huge amounts of power for very long..

The answer to this question is what would YOU prefer.. Work involved, Reliability, Money, Power goals, Use of the car etc. Only you can figure that much out..

Theres also Dan martins car who made similar power, but without the nos, and less boost (iirc) on a standard m20b25. Power and reliability mainly comes down to your tuning. Nothing will last if it is not tuned properly.

Guest FrantiC

Yeah true, Pinders setup had some 38 dyno runs and tunes though so should have been fairly well tuned.

I wouldn't trust a 20 year old stock bottem end in my car no matter how much tuning it had anyways. Especially 600hp or whatever. lol.

I remember this dude last year telling me he's discovered a more efficent way to create large amounts of boost.

He then went on to tell me that he'd achieve the large amounts of boost by fitting a diving tank into his boot,

And then running a pipe from the tank to his manifold. Lols were had by all.

Edited by E30ONP

Yeah true, Pinders setup had some 38 dyno runs and tunes though so should have been fairly well tuned.

I wouldn't trust a 20 year old stock bottem end in my car no matter how much tuning it had anyways. Especially 600hp or whatever. lol.

You can have as many dyno runs as you want, but if you dont know what your doing its not going to help :P

I thought he had only just got it dynoed not long ago anyway for the first time?

I wouldnt trust 600hp in an e30! Dont worry about the bottom end it will be fine :D

Guest FrantiC

You can have as many dyno runs as you want, but if you dont know what your doing its not going to help :P

I thought he had only just got it dynoed not long ago anyway for the first time?

I wouldnt trust 600hp in an e30! Dont worry about the bottom end it will be fine :D

Yeah I dunno aye, he is a weirdo doesn't seem like he knows what he is doing. I cbf looking but his GT35R sized turbo with 27lbs of boost ran 450rwhp. and in the post where it threw a rod he said it lasted something like 38 dyno runs. lol.

Some people want crazy amounts of power, but don't realize what all the power is like in an e30 lol.

Posted Image

I'm doing this.

Edited by antil33t

And who needs the responce of a supercharger when you can just brake-boost (build boost by braking and gassing at the same time keeping speed constant) and win all the races from a roll! cause once you hit full boost with a RB running a GT68 in 3rd, that sh*t is done!

Bahahaha, well said

Not taking the piss out of American roll racing car culture in there fox body mustangs vs Rear Mount turbo camaro's are we ?

haha i just read the whole thing, couldnt work out what was going on.