Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

NZ Car 'Invoice' prices

Does anyone know if there is information readily available as to 'dealer invoice' prices in New Zealand? I know in the USA there are two numbers, the MSRP (suggested retail price) and the INVOICE price (ie- the price that the car costs to the individual dealer from the manufacturer).

Later this year I'll be looking at buying another car, most likely replacing my current wheels. I'd be considering a bunch of different things, the new 3-series should be out in May 2005... may even look at the new Audi A4 due out in March (blasphemy I know on a BMW board).

may even look at the new Audi A4 due out in March (blasphemy I know on a BMW board).

The Audi A4 is a nice car man, they do seem to make some awsome machines!

My mates dad has an A6 - 4 wheel drive V8 twin turbo - performance? its flippin awsome!! i dont think ive been in a car that feels as fast!!!

As for the invoice price of a car, i think you'd have a hard time dragging that out of the dealer - they'll want to make their profits off your ass!!

Is this any use to you ?

http://www.redbook.co.nz/default.asp

Just stumbled across it now.

Cheers

Martyn

[EDIT] Try this one as I dont know what the login stops you from doing....

http://www.redbook.co.nz/vehiclesearch/det...sp?key=BMW+05CS

I think you can get anywhere from this screen.

Edited by martyyn

Thanks Martyn, yeah I've seen the Redbook website, and I'm trying to convince my company to get the commercial subscription for accurate 2nd hand valuation information. I think it is around $700 per year.

I already have access to the Baycorp online system, that includes a rough estimation of wholesale & retail values of cars.

The 'Invoice' price is just for new vehicles, in the States its becoming closer to common knowledge & often deals for new cars are made at "$500 above invoice" etc.

Interesting price on the 540i Manual. Maybe there are some 5 speeds out there. Never seen one though. I've seen a few of the standard 540iS and they are all 6 speed. Missing a few bits that ours has got. Also a lot cheaper too if they were $160k. Ours was a list of $180k, paid less than the $160k for it though (you get a better deal when you buy a touring car with it).

If its any consolation, I have a friend in the US whos about to buy a new 330ci, hes paying about 28k (USD) which works out to be 35k NZD ... we pay a serious premium down here.

New 330ci = 104k (NZD)

Yeah the prices that the USA pays for new bimmers is so low its almost criminal.

I guess its all about volumes though! $28k seems very low though.

According to the info I have for US invoice prices the wholesale price for a new 330ci is $33,650 USD before options, with a retail price of $36,800 USD.

Napier, the twin turbo V8 sounds like a rocket... are you sure it wasn't an RS6??

ill check it out next time i see it, but im pretty sure its just an A6 - definitly V8 twin turbo tho....

wow thats cheap new, is there an option of buying one new then shipping here? altho US are not as well optioned and less power right?