Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

Lemforder = OEM BMW

I did a quick search before I posted this up - thought it might be helpful. But mods if you feel this should be elsewhere, can you please move it.

I've been replacing a couple of bushings on my car recently, and as we all know anything BMW OEM costs an arm and a leg. The alternatively is usually to import privately from overseas or source aftermarket parts. I did just this and imported a couple of bits and pieces. Most came in BMW packaging, but a couple of items came in Lemforder packaging. So I did a bit of googling and searches on forums, and low and behold, unbeknown to me originally turns out that Lemforder is the OEM supplier for BMW for a lot of their suspension and steering components.

Now I am not ignorant and am well aware that car manufacturing inovles a lot of outsourced parts from 3rd parties - I just didn't think that people pay too much attention to who these suppliers are and how much cheaper they are compared to BMW parts (which are basically just reboxed parts from 3rd parties).

Now the point of this post. I ended up doing a bit more digging, then realised that there's actually a company here in NZ that brings in these OE supplier parts supposedly at a fraction of the cost. Their website is www.speed.co.nz (now mods I am NOT affiliated to this company, didn't even know they existed till about 12 hours ago). I've not priced up anything from them yet, but it seems like a good alternative source to get genuine OEM parts at a fraction of the price (no idea if it is cheaper than importing directly though).

Have a look at Lemforder's website .. they have a great online catelogue.

http://www.zf.com/brands/content/en/lemfoe..._lemfoerder.jsp

Anyway, just thought it might be helpful for those looking for genuine OEM parts directly from the manufacturer.

I did a quick search before I posted this up - thought it might be helpful. But mods if you feel this should be elsewhere, can you please move it.

I've been replacing a couple of bushings on my car recently, and as we all know anything BMW OEM costs an arm and a leg. The alternatively is usually to import privately from overseas or source aftermarket parts. I did just this and imported a couple of bits and pieces. Most came in BMW packaging, but a couple of items came in Lemforder packaging. So I did a bit of googling and searches on forums, and low and behold, unbeknown to me originally turns out that Lemforder is the OEM supplier for BMW for a lot of their suspension and steering components.

Now I am not ignorant and am well aware that car manufacturing inovles a lot of outsourced parts from 3rd parties - I just didn't think that people pay too much attention to who these suppliers are and how much cheaper they are compared to BMW parts (which are basically just reboxed parts from 3rd parties).

Now the point of this post. I ended up doing a bit more digging, then realised that there's actually a company here in NZ that brings in these OE supplier parts supposedly at a fraction of the cost. Their website is www.speed.co.nz (now mods I am NOT affiliated to this company, didn't even know they existed till about 12 hours ago). I've not priced up anything from them yet, but it seems like a good alternative source to get genuine OEM parts at a fraction of the price (no idea if it is cheaper than importing directly though).

Anyway, just thought it might be helpful for those looking for genuine OEM parts directly from the manufacturer.

i knew lemforder were an oe supplier(any e34 owner will) but thats a good place to try next time.

we pug people get alot of parts through them...

Valeo is the Pug main supplier...

If you go to the forum sponsor Gavin @ EuroItalian I think you'll find he is onto it and has a lot of common stuff from OEM suppliers.

If you look at the Lemforder parts you will see the BMW logo has been removed after it comes out of the mould... some are not done correctly and you can still see parts of the logo

Good find, love when you get something cheaper than OEM that is OEM.

I am still happy I got my BOGE Turbo shocks that are the same as OEM BMW M-Sport.

If you look at the Lemforder parts you will see the BMW logo has been removed after it comes out of the mould... some are not done correctly and you can still see parts of the logo

LOL ... yes I did notice that :rolleyes:

Ive lost count of the amount of times Ive bought OEM only to find the BMW logo and part number stamped on it.

Hey Tom, Ive been in touch with Speed over the last month or so in regards to getting some new shocks for the RS2. From my experience they are very helpful and quick to reply. More helpful than Autolign (NZ Bilstein importer). Autolign wanted me to take out and send up my shocks up to them as they wanted to make custom items, even though I provided part numbers. Speed on the other hand gave me a same day price for genuine RS2 Bilstein's that was cheaper than what Autolign wanted to "make" them for.

From what I have been told Speed ship parts out from the UK/Europe weekly.

FWIW I bought Bilsteins for the M3 from Speedfactor (DTM Autohaus - quattro.guy on Trademe) in Tauranga. Good price and very happy with the customer service too.

Edited by CamB

Hey Tom, Ive been in touch with Speed over the last month or so in regards to getting some new shocks for the RS2. From my experience they are very helpful and quick to reply. More helpful than Autolign (NZ Bilstein importer). Autolign wanted me to take out and send up my shocks up to them as they wanted to make custom items, even though I provided part numbers. Speed on the other hand gave me a same day price for genuine RS2 Bilstein's that was cheaper than what Autolign wanted to "make" them for.

From what I have been told Speed ship parts out from the UK/Europe weekly.

Good to know Nik ... thanks for the feedback - good to know that somebody's dealt with them before. Might email them for some pricing for a couple of parts now just to compare.

FWIW I bought Bilsteins for the M3 from Speedfactor (DTM Autohaus - quattro.guy on Trademe) in Tauranga. Good price and very happy with the customer service too.

Speedfactor's very popular with the Honda crowd ... good guys!!