Sign in to follow this  
Brad-325i

Mongoose Alarm issues

Hey guys, now when i purchased my car it already had an alarm in it. which was a mongoose and so im told its 5 star.. over time it has slowly been getting harder and harder to unlock my car. I have replaced the battery on the remote but every now and again it just wont work.

The light on the remote lights up but nothing happens, and i also have to be standing right next to the car for it to work.

So for example last nite i left work and ended up standing next to my car for bout 20 mins pressing the button every now and again until it unlocked.

What makes it worse is someone tried to break into my car and now when i put my key in the door it jst spins around and around, which i don't really give to shits bout because i have keyless entry (when it feels like working) so i have to unlock it from the passengers side but then the car is still immobilized until i can get the remote to work.

Im guessing the lack of range on the remote would have something to do with the aerial for the alarm in the car but god knows where that is? could this also be why my remote dose not want to work sometimes?

If i cant figure this out does anyone know of anywhere in Auckland that i could get to sort it for me?

Cheers

Even though new - Could still be a battery fault in the remote - seen this before. Remove cover & use a multi meter to monitor voltage across contacts while pressing a button (under load) Make sure voltage doesn't drop.

Remote could also be out of frequency range. Requires a frequency counter to check this.

Do you have a second remote/ does this work ok?

Also check battery connections in remote.

Aerial lead comes out of the alarm module itself.

Get hold of Mongoose to check it out for you: 0800 805 080

Hi we had a problem with ours it turned out to be the button on the remote not making contact all the time was a real pain

Allan

cheers guys i got in touch with mongoose nz and will get it looked at this weekend! chur

what was the result?

I have imported my M3 from the UK and the alarm was getting a bit tetchy before I left there, but hasn't worked since in NZ. I've replaced the fob battery and the light comes on, but nothing happens even sitting in the car.

what was the result?

I have imported my M3 from the UK and the alarm was getting a bit tetchy before I left there, but hasn't worked since in NZ. I've replaced the fob battery and the light comes on, but nothing happens even sitting in the car.

Hey ended up not getin round to it yet, car got broken into sat morning and ive been really busy since... but will try get in asap. This alarm is starting to F me off!!!