Sign in to follow this  
Sick Puppy

Query about buying a Logitech stereo from the US

Hi everyone, I'm considering purchasing a Logitech Pure-fi Elite from the US for my wife. The exchange rate is good, and it isn't currently available here in NZ. (please feel free to let me know otherwise!)

Anyhow, my wife wants one, they've gotten good reviews, and I can get them from the US for a pretty good price- about $300NZ. So, I have a few questions that I'd really appreciate being answered:

1) It's two years old- does it have a successor? There's nothing on the Logitech website other than the Pure-fi Dream which is still here ($340-450NZ), but appears to have been released around the same time. Soes anyonw know if there an equivalent model out now?

2) The Pure-fi Dream- what is it like in relation to the Elite model? It's also meant to be good, but since the Elite isn't here, I've nothing to compare it to... has anyone experience with both these models? I mean, I could grab the one from the US, but if the Dream is similar and I can buy it here...

3) If I do get it from the US, will it work? Apparently it will accept between 110-220V... this has been confirmed by vendors on Amazon and eBay as well as the Logitech helpline, although the Logitech hellpline guys were fairly useless.

I can pick up a Dream here for about $340 incl P & P, so price wise they're about the same... decisions decisions! If anyone has any thoughts on this it would be appreciated- Oh, and I forgot, if anyone can recommend any other equivalent brands & models, I'm more than happy for any suggestions- thanks everyone!

This is an ipod dock correct?

IMO, while it may be worth the $40 saving initially, you'll have to spend $15 on a US-NZ power plug adapter and you also won't have the NZ warranty etc... meaning you have to send back to the states for repairs or replacement if it breaks. For the sake of just over 20 bucks you may as well buy it here.

As for Logitech gear, it is good stuff. I have a Logitech speaker / sub set for my PC and they have excellent response across the frequency range for something that cost me just over $80.

Cheers for that Mark, I was coming round to that... I'm not too worried about the $40 difference, more just wondering if the Elite is any better than the Dream! I've also already got adaptors- what I get for bringing stuff over withme from the UK! lol

But you're bang on about the warranty- even if it is a better model, if it craps out... might go the the Dream on then I guess. Unless anyone can tell me if the Elite model was ever sold here? Cheers!