Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Seat and Carpet Shampoo

My cloth seats are looking a little sad, they have gone a little crusty and have gone a little fluffy in places, is there any soap solution etc I could use to clean them? I don't want to use a stain remover, just a general clean to tidy them up. Something I could use on the carpet would be helpful also.

Thanks in advance, Nathan

Hey Nathan,my brother & I have just spent 2 days cleaning the interior of a VERY grubby 740.

The mats & carpet were so bad (its a tan interior) that I thought about replacing them-until we stumbled on Meguairs

Carpet Stain Remover.

Dont be fooled by the 'stain' thing-we used it just like shampoo-sprayed liberally over the whole mat,let it sit for 3-5 mins then rubbed vigorously with a soft cloth.

The results are astounding-the whole thing now looks absolutely mint & believe me I'm normally very cynical about a lot of these products.

I would think it will work well on your seats too.

Edited by 1rotty

I took some b4 & afters but they're a bit s**t so I'll get better ones tomorrow.

Heres one tho to give you an idea.

The bottom one is still wet in this pic-A second go got rid of the little spots you can see - they look much better now

post-3113-1256452132.jpg

Edited by 1rotty

I've used the Mother's equivalent of the Meguiar's stuff.... it's called Fabric Upholstery cleaner or something similar.

My seats were pretty mint, but one day I took them out and left them behind the car while giving the carpets a good vacuum. Started the car to move it and sprayed gross exhaust condensation all over the rear seat bench... the Mother's stuff got it out effortlessly and made the other seats look pretty shabby in the process.