Sign in to follow this  
Aaron320iSmith

After market exhaust system?????

get some custom made.

headers will cost you between 100-200per pot.

do what i did, cut out the center muffler and replace place them with 2 cobys, one backwards, it give you a two tone system. them take your rear muffler and shake it to heel and get rid of all the baffles, and weld s/s tips on it.

if the cops pull you up you can say you still have a std muffer and it came out of the factory like that.

tim that sounds nasty..... cops don't give a f**k bout exhausts anymore, look at sparkles, that sh*t's loud as

Hmm so how much would that cost me to get done including the cobys and the tip installed as i dont have acsess to a welder and i dont really want to do it myself as i might screw it up. Does anyone know someone in Christchurch who can do me a good deal?

ur betta to get a full exhaust done, it wont cost you much more at all. i was qouted about $250 for a full 2.5" single exhaust. do that with a muffler and a resonator and you will be set, you should also notice a performance increase this way. Any good exhaust shop will tell you thats the way to go for good sound and performance.

If you can afford it you could go for a tuned exhaust, but that costs $$$

Have had three custom exhausts made in CHC (2002 / 325 Sport / M3) and they were all superb. Ask Graeme Clyde GAC where to go. From memory, two of mine were done at the place near Lancaster Park (JADE Stadium) and the third (M3) hand-crafted in Graeme's workshop.

All were in the region of NZD1,000 as custom made and tuned.

BTW - what is this with the importance of the "sound" it makes - WGAF? As long as performance increases. It's like a woman in bed .... I don't care what she's saying as long as she's performing ....

Edited by Juzzie Wuzzie

the way i meant it is that u will also get a better sound out of doing ur exhaust properly instead of sounding like a brass razzoo with doing it half pie.

the way i meant it is that u will also get a better sound out of doing ur exhaust properly instead of sounding like a brass razzoo with doing it half pie.

agreed! do it once, do it right (exhausts that is)!