Sign in to follow this  
318is

BMW Alarm....

Hey.

I know this has been discussed somewhat before. I can halve my insurance if I have a alarm fitted. Now - I don't wan't some cheap shitty alarm, I wan't one that will be, ahem, bullet proof as it can be, and BMW approved ( if such a thing )

Now I'm the first to admit that if some a-hole want's your car, they will take it no matter what fancyass system you got. I had, years ago, the best alarm at the time on my car, and It was stolen without a sound ( outside my damn bedroom window, along with 2K worth of snapon tools...dammit ), so I am looking at a reduction in insurance costs, but want the best ( feature wise ) there is at the same time.

Thoughts on make/brand preferable mobile fitter appreciated. Cheers

:bowdown:

note: will spend upto 1K... but 700 odd sounds resonable....?

get like mongoose or AVS

make sure its the "5 star" alarm rating alarm

they sell for like 200-300 plus install i think

Reckon! That's whats going in my car (when the f**kin installer finally comes round to put it in). D3800 with battery backup (an extra $100 over the one without if I remember properly) is 5 star, without is 4 star.

AVS are a bit pricey for what they are, but as such have more "toys" and gizmos, but the quality, or amount of protection is no more for your money.

Mongoose have a long reputation. I had one in my work truck from the time it was new in '96 until it was sold last year, and was a good alarm - not many false alarms, worked as it should etc - car wasn't stolen so I can only guess it was doing its job.

Uniden are OK, but are definately the "budget" line - go the dynatron.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey