Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Bluetooth phone prep

I've got an 05 Range Rover but I'm sure the system is virtually the same or similar to the BMW X5 so someone might be able to help? My bluetooth works fine, connects to my iPhone and will dial, ring out, ring in but as soon as I answer or someone at the other end answers it kicks me off! Some phones work ok, but to date I've tried the 3G and the 3GS iPhone and a Nokia also, they all kick me off! Very frustrating!

My car also has prep for an onboard car phone so I'm wondering by the picture I've posted what phone I need and if there's a cradle I'd need? The local dealership doesn't seem to know much when it comes to this kind of thing so I thought I'd try here. They diagnosed my bluetooth module without any faults. It will work with some types of phones with bluetooth.

Cheers for any help indeed!

post-2864-1257043941.jpg

post-2864-1257043969.jpg

post-2864-1257043984.jpg

Found a couple of links that may be of help for you.

http://landroverforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/_popups/Ver...mpatibility.htm

may or may not be helpful , First link has a pretty long thread on the matter but is overseas based.

That 2nd link is tops mate, seems my truck isn't compatible with my version of iPhone software so I'll revert it tomorrow when I get to work and its docking station. Thanks heaps & I'll have my fingers crossed.

Cheers.

Clinton, Your RR is a new generation one under Ford ownership I think.

I just did a Jap - NZ nav conversion in an 05 (built 04) RR today, which is the BMW based vehicle & quite different to what you show. I understand the changeover was in 05.

Your Range Rover was made by Ford, not BMW. You may need to ask on some Ford forums for assistance.

Mine was first reg here in NZ on JAN 2005 - I'm sure they would be still using BMW gear by then, the rig was probably manufactured under BMW?

Its a Ford, BMW were long gone.

Either or, in the back in particular there's still alot of BMW components (labelled) is what made me think it was still BM The gearbox is definetley BMW as it's been replaced.

Either or, in the back in particular there's still alot of BMW components (labelled) is what made me think it was still BM The gearbox is definetley BMW as it's been replaced.

Maybe I should have rephrased my statement:

The nav system is NOT a BMW nav system

It is a FORD nav system, therefore questions re the FORD system should be asked on a FORD forum

PS: fwiw: I think the Ford nav system was made by DENSO. (BMW was made by Philips/VDO/Siemens)

Listen to Jochen ... hes pretty much literally written the book on BMW A/V systems.

Listen to Jochen ... hes pretty much literally written the book on BMW A/V systems.

Na, it was written by BMW... I just read it:-)

Dam Fords... that makes me want to sell it! I understand that it was made under Ford but was just a bit puzzled as to why half the stuff on the car has a BMW logo on it :wacko: