Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Another Daily Car

Looking for a car which will be cheap to run but has a bit of power in the over taking lanes?

Been looking at galants corollas, primeras. what do u guys reckon? oh and looking at sedans only. price range up to 8k

Looking for a car which will be cheap to run but has a bit of power in the over taking lanes?

Been looking at galants corollas, primeras. what do u guys reckon? oh and looking at sedans only. price range up to 8k

Try a Subaru Impreza 20k Wagon, its 2litre Turbo 250hp, I had one as a daily driver, was great.

probably easy to find something at turners or trademe etc.

I now use a E30 320i Auto as my daily driver, its painfully slow, but it doesn't matter in rush hour traffic going to work and back, the fastest I get to go is 60km lol.

Have a look on TradeMe, it's not that hard.

i've had a look at trademe but just want some others opinions on some reliable cars people use. Currently use my 320i coupe but gets a bit crammed when have a few people and gets a bit heavy and slow haha

i've had a look at trademe but just want some others opinions on some reliable cars people use. Currently use my 320i coupe but gets a bit crammed when have a few people and gets a bit heavy and slow haha

yeah i know what thats like, i used to have an E36 Sedan 320i, I remember taking me and 3 others to Nelson (from CHCH) wasn't the quickest up the hills, being automatic really killed it.

You could try an E36 328i Sedan, they are alot better than a 320i

Ahh i see, you don't want a BMW.

I have driven most cars, you will find the Primera gutless aswell, non turbo wise the best bet is a Honda Accord SIR Sedan, power/value wise.

Nissan Pulsar VZR sedan, 1600cc, but packs 175ps of punch.

Holden V6, they are ok, I don't like them, but they have a bit of power.

If I was buying a non BMW sedan i'd go with something like http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-251502903.htm

but with way less K's etc. these can be chipped easily to make 200hp approx, makes for a fun daily

Edited by Charles28

Thanks Charles. Yea i quite like audi a4's was thinking of getting oen earlier but nothing was on trademe that fitted my requirements at the time. Mite just keep the bmw for a while and just keep an eye out on trademe and turners for a low km audi.

Don't really like pulsars too much. And hondas seem alright but everyone gives em stick.

Have a look on TradeMe, it's not that hard.

Ignore that comment he made man, it's all good.

Always great to have other peoples opinions, to avoid buying a lemon!

Good luck. :)

CM5A Lancer gsr is an ok car, easy to live with, easy to service, nice to drive. Enough power to pass people etc. Or an rsk-b4 legacy, or WRX. R33 GTS25T move along comfortably too. There are many options, even a VR4 galant would do the job, not an early 2.0 v6 though...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-250967993.htm

He has the 17's TSW venom's and the lowering spring/shocks for the car also stored at my mechanics.The owner of it is the President for the Auckland Peugeot Car Club, has something like 8 peugeots and 1 targa racecar. No money spared on it... 

looks like this when lowered with 17's

Posted Image

It's a very quick unassuming car = no police harassment, and under rated performance.

Bit more than your looking at but:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-238747315.htm

Much better value for money than a A4 same engine also...

Edited by DRTDVL

Get one of these mate

http://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/categoryat...order=price_asc

Although its a honda they are very good cars, my mate has one, very economical but great power at the same time and its not a huge car but heaps of space in it.

Get one of these mate

http://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/categoryat...order=price_asc

Although its a honda they are very good cars, my mate has one, very economical but great power at the same time and its not a huge car but heaps of space in it.

They are a very nice car, fun to drive too.

I was impressed with my flatmates VTi Civic, used fcuk all gas and still went and handled pretty well. Not sure what shape its called, might have been late 90's?

Cool so I think i'll have a look at a few hondas.

So primeras are a no go? no guts? what about Corolla's or coronas?

Cool so I think i'll have a look at a few hondas.

So primeras are a no go? no guts? what about Corolla's or coronas?

theres one model corolla that goes well, but its over 10k, 6speed manual 1800cc thing that has 180hp..think its got ALLEX in the name of it.

I can vouch for the accord/torneo SIR-T, i used to have one, but they have this annoying EPS steering system that seems to be prone to failure, rather than the traditional hydralic power steering, this can also make the car lack road "feel".

That said mine did Ruapuna in 1:47, not bad for a standard 200hp FWD car.

They are a car that needs to be revved, they don't have much low down torque.

Yeh have a look at the SIR-T Accords,

umm Primeras no, my sister has one and the ride is hard as f**k and virtually no guts what so ever.

Get a Camry

Must has V6

I got t-boned in mine - safe as

Nor did I ever do 170 with the cruise control :ph34r: