Sign in to follow this  
swordfish

Suspension for M3 95

I am currently experiencing problems with my M3. It is going a bit loose on the highway and the car on one side is a bit lower than on the other... I've heard m3's should be like a train on the road my is definitely far from train lol So I wanted to ask if you could help me out guys to understand what exactly is it and how much would it cost to fix...

I particular I am looking at changing rubbers on the sway bar for now... but thinking of changing of coil overs...

Which ones are good? where to buy? how much would ruffly cost?

Everything, any info on suspension theme would help alot :)

Edited by s_w_o_r_d_f_i_s_h

Changing the sway bar bushes is easy enough but unlikely to do a lot.

I put new shocks in mine (Bilsteins - approx $1600 from www.speedfactor.co.nz ), and all the bushings are in good condition (although my strut tops front and rear are a little tired) and my otherwise standard M3 handles very, very well.

May sound funny but have you had a wheel alignment??

If anything just changing sway bar bushes will make it even more nervous, maybe start with the sway bar bushes and control arm bushes and get a decent wheel alignment and see how you get on.

You don’t need fancy Coilovers, spread cost over revamping all worn components and the car should drive like new. Ie. Perfectly balanced.

my 2c.

Edited by Apex

Both my E30 325i (brand new suspension) and my E36 320i (old tired suspension) Lean to one side, so the slight lean sounds normal to me