Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

Hiding the fusebox , Engine bay de-loom ?

Guest FrantiC

Well... here is your first problem.. you cant weld over a wiring loom... I know you dont like critiscism or help and you often take the offensive even when people try and help. From this point on I'll leave you to it. I wont offer help and I wont offer constructive critiscism... and I wont drop subtle hints... because I realy now know youve got it all sussed... by christ you must.. your 19

Well with an old mind like yours you can't really imagine things properly and interpret them in your mind obviously.. but hey keep taking a stab at every little thing you find insufficient. I asked you nicely go away, youre down talk is unwanted in my threads kk.

I was talking about the back panel over the blower motor, I have seen this done before. For example go look back on the silver e30 with the fully shaved engine bay and the SR20DET in it.. Veeeery tidy conversion and he welded over that back bit.. I mean make a hole for the loom to enter through there (Obviously leave a hole there for the engine loom plug and wiring to fit through... DUH...).

Guest FrantiC

To refresh minds :

Posted Image

Looks like he did the hiding of the fusebox too, aswell as smoothing the engine bay and shaving that back bit.

Looks like he has welded that cover shut??? How are you supposed to replace your blower motor or window wiper motor?

You could put a hole in the original cover and put the wires thru there with a rubber grommet. And then thru the firewall into the cabin with a rubber grommet.

Posted Image

Edit:

This was the image I was after:

I would change the radiator to a m42 style to get rid of the resovoir.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Allah

Well with an old mind like yours you can't really imagine things properly and interpret them in your mind obviously.. but hey keep taking a stab at every little thing you find insufficient. I asked you nicely go away, youre down talk is unwanted in my threads kk.

Thats exactly what I needed to know tonight to assure me that I really dont need to be here anymore knowing that we have people here like yourself to run things. I'll talk to Ollie and you can take over my position here

That silver thing still looks messy, if you want to de-loom then you should clear the whole engine bay. A VH44 remote booster would help. If you're serious then do it properly this time dude.

PS, Getting shitty with people when they provide advice, especially mods, is a sure fire way of getting your thread locked.

Guest FrantiC

That silver thing still looks messy, if you want to de-loom then you should clear the whole engine bay. A VH44 remote booster would help. If you're serious then do it properly this time dude.

PS, Getting shitty with people when they provide advice, especially mods, is a sure fire way of getting your thread locked.

Yep I have cleared the whole engine bay. Washer bottle is gone, Probably to the boot.

Brackets are all gone. Going to track down those radiators with the cap on them so I can ditch the expansion bottle..

All I need to suss out is if I wanna move the fusebox and if I wanna have a go at de-looming engine wiring.

Thats exactly what I needed to know tonight to assure me that I really dont need to be here anymore knowing that we have people here like yourself to run things. I'll talk to Ollie and you can take over my position here

... You have PM.

Guest FrantiC

Looks like he has welded that cover shut??? How are you supposed to replace your blower motor or window wiper motor?

You could put a hole in the original cover and put the wires thru there with a rubber grommet. And then thru the firewall into the cabin with a rubber grommet.

Posted Image

Edit:

This was the image I was after:

I would change the radiator to a m42 style to get rid of the resovoir.

Posted Image

Posted Image

AHH, That is one I had seen before but slipped my mind. It's in the turbo engine bay pic thread on e30tech right?

Thanks heaps for that find,

AHH, That is one I had seen before but slipped my mind. It's in the turbo engine bay pic thread on e30tech right?

Thanks heaps for that find,

It could be in there I dunno. I found it in a different thread.

Probably wouldnt be able to afford the fees you pay :P

Edited by Mark247

I think Frantic works in IT. Im sure he can write a script to reply to every thread in the maintenance section.

void Glenn_Bot(){
if new.post = in.Maintenance;
reply("get it scanned");
   else
refresh.forum(maintenance);
end if;
}
Edited by Allah

Getting shitty with people when they provide advice, especially mods, is a sure fire way of getting your thread locked.

Here endth the leasson.