Sign in to follow this  
curryinahurry

E46 Weatherstrip Glue

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyones had experience re-gluing the weatherstrip on an E46 coupe? I've done a bit of research on the net and the glue they used in the states isn't available here in NZ.

The previous owner of my cars had a couple of goes at it and made a real mess - I've now cleaned off most of the grip glue he used, but theres still some clear stuff remaining.

Would love to hear what you guys have tried and what worked and what didn't!

post-1701-1257638583.jpg

Cheers, Andrew.

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyones had experience re-gluing the weatherstrip on an E46 coupe? I've done a bit of research on the net and the glue they used in the states isn't available here in NZ.

The previous owner of my cars had a couple of goes at it and made a real mess - I've now cleaned off most of the grip glue he used, but theres still some clear stuff remaining.

Would love to hear what you guys have tried and what worked and what didn't!

post-1701-1257638583.jpg

Cheers, Andrew.

I've used Ados F2 which works for me, have to be very very careful otherwise in a black interior, it stands out too much if you get it on other places. Apply glue then wait 5 min then hold it tightly in place for a few hours with masking tape. I guess, you could also try vinyl glue and get a small brush to apply, again that could get messy too. I'm sure there is a more appropriate glue but they were available to me easily.

can't you just crimp it together a bit more? That's what I have done previously on the E36 and E38.

I've seen all the unsucessful attempts to repair these... If you find a repair that works...let me know

New door seals are probably the only long term fix