Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Brake light help please, cos I'm a muppet

OK, so when removing my parcel tray to paint it this morning I had to disconnect the high-stop light. The hole through the parcel shelf was only big enough for the wire to pass through and it was soldered to the light at one end and wired into the brakelight harness plug on the RR tail light. Because I'm a muppet and couldn't be bothered de-soldering or pulling apart the brake light harness I just cut the wire thinking I could bodge it back together.  :unsure:

Yeah, that didn't work. My brake lights don't go now.... what have I broken? And how do I fix?

Did you blow a fuse? I think I have a spare stop light + wiring here if you need a complete (ish) assembly.

Cheers Nathan... yeah, was a fuse. Must have shorted it when I first twisted the wires back together. Gonna pop down to d*ck Smith and get some connectors to do it properly.

Lesson learned. 

Great success. Learn't this lesson before when I blew about 6 fuses in one go. Always best to unplug the battery or do what I did and install a battery kill switch, makes working on anything electrical so much more pain free :D

Good stuff Mark, if a job is worth doing, its worth doing well, or atleast twice :P