Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

1983 e23 735i for sale, on behalf

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-254044500.htm

$1800 ONO, wants to move it along as needs to fund new project

Please direct enquiries to 'Slavvy' on the forum. He cannot post in the FS sub-forum as his post count is not high enough.

This is a former project car that I have to sell to make room for something else, very regretful sale. Drives extremely well, good handling with great 4-pot front brakes and a very supple ride. Very rare manual gearbox, clutch is very smooth.

Note that the speedo is in miles as this is a UK new car. About 5000km's ago it got a rebuilt e34 cylinder head, which has bigger ports and a better intake manifold. This combined with the 272 cam gives it a screaming top-end, much stronger than any other m30 I've driven. Very economical for it's size if driven carefully, can get around 10L/100km.

It has a 2.5" exhaust fitted which sounds great, this was done mainly due to the factory exhaust having been repaired countless times (quite poorly) over the years and being rusty and full of holes.

For it's next warrant it will probably need a new pair of front tyres (note: car is sold without basketweave rims, just a full set of regular rims as seen on the rear), and a new brake bomb (about 70$, easy to install). Sunroof motor seems to be broken.

Has had a leather interior fitted, no rips or anything.

Like all old bmw's it has rust in the sills; this is not a warrant issue but needs to be taken care of eventually.

Will have a 3 month registration when sold. This is an extremely capable all-rounder and can change between a comfortable cruiser or a fast, powerful performance car in the blink of an eye. I'm flexible on price as I need to get rid of it to start my next project.

Edited by Creaver - STOK3D

I would still love to own this car, but sadly I just dont have the cash or the space to put a car which would probably only get driven a couple of times a month :(

I would still love to own this car, but sadly I just dont have the cash or the space to put a car which would probably only get driven a couple of times a month :(

is this Murrays old (white) one?

is this Murrays old (white) one?

It certainly is, I tried contacting him but to no avail. When I bought it the car overheated constantly. The head was on it's last legs; upon pulling it off when it blew the head gasket, it was all eaten away around the cooling channels, really ugly stuff. Since then I've fitted an electric fan from an e36 and a viscous clutch+fan from an e32 and the temperature never goes above halfway. The bottom end also has the high compression, piano-domed pistons.

EDIT: this car now has warrantable tyres

Edited by Slavvy

also would love to have this car. would be the 3rd 3.5 manual bmw in a row. but sadly have toomany cars :( trade for a unfinished e30:P