Sign in to follow this  
JFry

E36 Rear Bumper

Hey guys,

Looking at getting the M-Sport rear bumper for my car, as it is the only piece missing. What I was wondering was whether the bumper differs between these, or only the diffuser(?) at the bottom.

Have been looking at a few pics and ones i've seen around town and they seem very similar.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Looking at getting the M-Sport rear bumper for my car, as it is the only piece missing. What I was wondering was whether the bumper differs between these, or only the diffuser(?) at the bottom.

Have been looking at a few pics and ones i've seen around town and they seem very similar.

Thanks

Both the bumper and diffuser are different from standard. For example an M-sport diffuser will not fit the stock bumper. It is however possible to get an aftermarket 'M-sport style' diffuser that will fit your stock bumper which may not look any different to the untrained eye.

If you're getting the full M-sport rear bumper/diffuser, make sure the diffuser exhaust opening suits your car.

Yep, whoever owned my car before put on a aftermarket diffuser onto the standard bumper instead of getting a whole new bumper and getting it painted. It looks alright IMO but I do wish it was an actual M-spec bumper.

Posted Image

mine has the m-spec bumper ... want me to take some photos?

Where can you get the aftermarket diffuser from? I have seen one on trademe before but apparantly it didn't fit the guy's e36 coupe rear bumper (although I'm pretty sure there is no difference between the coupe and 4dr rear bumper)

Anyway, I want to get an M-tech rear bumper, however, I don't really have the money at the moments so am after a cheaper option being the aftermarket diffuser.

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)