Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Had a gutsfull!

Ahahaaaa.

The Land Rover broke down again this morning at the dealership FFS.

They gave me this ML320 CDI for the day & I can report that it's superb, power to burn, drives like a car, the V6 Turbo diesel is soooooo quiet it's just unbelievable! - no low ratio though but I'm probably not going to have it in an off-road situation that would really require it.

Once all the crap is sorted out with Ebbett's I'm 90% on that ML320, it's brilliant!

Friends of mine just traded their V10 and lancruiser vx for a v6 toureg and tiguan.... old toureg used TOO MUCH fuel etc etc, and landcruiser was too big...... That may mean giltraps have a V10 for sale just traded i guess!

There's few about, I have heard they are thirsty. I think this ML320 is a good tradeoff - the power delivery is like nothing I've ever had, I suggest if any of you get the chance to have a try of one just to see what I'm jumping up and down about :)

I thought the toerag was thirsty but did give it bit of a thrashing. Go the merc looks pretty good

I thought the toerag was thirsty but did give it bit of a thrashing. Go the merc looks pretty good

Have you driven both the ML320 and the V10 Touareg? I've had a 3.2V6 which wasn't at all that great, but not the V10, can anyone report?

Whats with the jesus handles down by the gearstick?

They're quite different. The gear lever is up on the steering column like a big indicator switch.

Whats with the jesus handles down by the gearstick?

Lambo's have them too. This merc must be a supercar! :D

Posted Image

There's few about, I have heard they are thirsty. I think this ML320 is a good tradeoff - the power delivery is like nothing I've ever had, I suggest if any of you get the chance to have a try of one just to see what I'm jumping up and down about :)

As I said above, Ive had the ML270 and would recomend one.

The one posted looks nice to. IMO if its a merc its gotta be silver

LINKAGE

This is the newbie subject to finance now, some serious coin for a 28 year old & they may want as much as a 50% deposit! will post some decent pictures when if/when it arrives.

why do you want an SUV? X5s and Touregs look like upside down boats and are pathetic off road, at least a range rover has a bit of class and look pretty cool

why do you want an SUV? X5s and Touregs look like upside down boats and are pathetic off road, at least a range rover has a bit of class and look pretty cool

Yeah, I do do a little offroad work just with fishing really, so I don't really need anything hardcore, just something comfortable, economical, for the work week, then in the weekend, its towing my bike to the nearest fishing spot or to the crib at about a 300km round trip. Range Rover is awesome, but just too un-reliable!

How about one of these for that money - you can prolly get a good price :D:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-254742924.htm

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my uncles car mate, too impractical for my work & it's not at all that economical to run, would like it though & I need the room & versatility that a SUV can offer, quickest car I've ever been in fo sho!