Sign in to follow this  
Graham m5

Trade in prices

Good evening all,

I have just had a conversation with a friend of mine over a trade in price he was offered for his car.

He owns a black e39 540i motorsport facelift model 2000 with 76000kms on it, NZ new etc he was offered $9200 trade in on a 2008 545i. I thought this is a bit low, but not as much as he did !! Either they like a good profit or e39 prices have tumbled dramatically. Your thoughts please guys and girls

E39 prices have dropped significantly in the last year or two. Remember it is trade in price so they will want to make a profit.

Jeebus, ill pay more than 9k for it if hes considering doing this

I would expect them to be able to flick that off very quickly for a huge profit. He should easily be able to double that by selling privately.

^^^^^^^^^^

I think you're about spot on-best he try other dealers.

Even $12000 is nearer what i thought, what worries me is that mine is the same except higher kms and an import so that makes mine worth around $10 !!!

I doubt you could buy an 00 msport for much under $16k so I wouldnt read too much into it as far as yours is concerned.

Moral of the story is: sell private.

Even $12000 is nearer what i thought, what worries me is that mine is the same except higher kms and an import so that makes mine worth around $10 !!!

You could always buy my ///M5 Graham :rolleyes:

You could always buy my ///M5 Graham :rolleyes:

Have you still not sold it yet Bruce ? I thought somebody would have bought it as it does not look that bad !!!

Or have you decided to keep it forever. Must be nearly time to trade up to an e39. Nice m5 for sale in tradin post :rolleyes:

There is no 08 545i, they stoped making them in 06.

Have you still not sold it yet Bruce ? I thought somebody would have bought it as it does not look that bad !!!

Or have you decided to keep it forever. Must be nearly time to trade up to an e39. Nice m5 for sale in tradin post :rolleyes:

Still have it Graham - was holding it for a member of this forum to look at as he said he was keen. He has done the usual and disappeared so it looks like Trademe. I would love to keep it but can't afford to run two ///M cars.

Have had an E39 530i and just loved it so that M5 is tempting. Will stick to E30's for the time being - am keen to get the M3 up to scratch.

There is no 08 545i, they stoped making them in 06.

Yep, went to the 550i which has the 4.8i