Sign in to follow this  
rogan

Car Audio sale (Image Dynamics)

Am getting out of the importing business so am having a sale on car audio. Mostly subwoofers but there's a few components and coaxials in there. Pricing remains until stock is sold. This isn't your standard run of the mill garbage that's flogged off on trademe; in my opinion Image Dynamics makes some of the best car subwoofers in the world.

Sale starts monday 5pm on nzicemag.co.nz

http://forums.nzicemag.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24522

Will need to log into the site to view thread.

Anyone thinking of buying a sub in the next couple of months should have a look at the sale.

Sample prices

IDMax 12

$375. RRP is $999 and these are one hell of a good sub. Will handle 1000rms and go in 1.5ft3 sealed, 2.25ft3 ported or infinite baffle. Probably one of the best all rounder subs availble in NZ. Great sound quality and can lay down a base line that can be heard in Siberia.

IDQv3 12

$250. RRP $629. Sound quality focused subwoofer. Latest model of the IDQ which is well known in American car audio quality competition. Will take about 800rms. IMO there's nothing that can match it at RRP for quality and output, let alone for $250. Some IDQv2 models also available at $100 and below.

ID12

$150. RRP $399. The entry level ID sub. Same sound quality as the IDMax but without the power handling. Rated at about 400rms but expect it to be able to handle 6-700rms.

Image Dynamics website:

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/index.php

Link to subwoofer spec sheets

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/iD%20P...t%20Spec's/

Anyone who is interested (or even bemused) feel free to fire away with questions. I'll answer them as best I can.

Would make an awesome Christmas present for the wife !!!!

I can vouch for the Image Dynamics stuff being awesome, even my Little 10inch IDQV2 really sounds good, alot of people can't believe that its a tiny wee 10inch either, they assume its a 12inch, having a good amp really helps.

Edited by Penry

Thanks Charles28. Yep, it's a brand most people in NZ won't have heard of. Quite common in Australia and one of the most recommended subwoofer brands on bimmerforums.

The IDQ copares with the better offerings from Focal, DLS and Rainbow.

The IDmax is one of the mythical SQL subs. If anyone's interested, here's some independent reviews from talkaudio which is Uk's main car audio site: http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=54740

Only have one 2 channel which isn't in the sale because I'm keeping it for myself. Would be over $600. There's been some DLS amps on sale on trademe recently. They're very good for the coin they're asking.

Sale now on. 14 subs, some horns and speakers have sold.

i can vouch for all the gear,

i have and owned all the range of the ID gear, and think it's awesome.

I have a fair few amps for sale tht can work with any of these subs.

will update in for sale section.

any ID12's left?

Yep, in both dual 4 or dual 2 ohm voice coils.

Also have ID10 for $130

Bump

Need to clear the gear out to afford a people mover !

Gear is up on trademe but is cheaper through nzicemag or by pm here.

Trademe link

Edited by rogan