Sign in to follow this  
brockie123

BBs rs 16'

saving up cash to widen my BBS RS 3 piece rims by extending the lip. they are currently 16x8 but i would like them to be 10 on the rear and 9 on the front.. i have no knowledge of wheels and was hoping someone would be able to tell me if i am able to fit these into my gaurds. also wondering if anyone had done anything similar and could give me a ruff idea of how much it might cost me.

Are you sure they're 8's atm?

I'd think 9" rear 8" front, would be a better fit.

I "fit" 17x8, 17x9's on my PFL E30.

Link here

It wasn't quite right tbh. With just over two degrees front camber, my 18p 16x8's fit my front quite nicely. Bit of a roll needed.

With the 17x9 rears, they would've probably fit just fine with a 20+ offset and about 2deg+ camber. FL E30's seem to have poor rear guards, it depends on the offset of your wheels as well. I don't think your current wheels are 8" wide tbh.

Ive got 9s at ET10 on the rear and theres not exactly heaps of room. You will be able to pull off a 10 if you get the right offset and have stiff suspension so they wheels dont travel too far up into the guards.

With a 9 on the front you will need to be at at least ET 12 to clear the struts, which means lots of poke.

I am currently going through the same thing with 16x7" 3 piece Hartges.

Things we need to know is the current offset of your wheels, and the width of your current lips.

Offset is halved every inch you increase on your current width. and for the wheels to fit "comfortably" you probably want an offset of 10- 15 rear, and 15 - 20 for the front, any wider and you will start to run into guard issues.

Luckily BBS are quite easy to find. PM me if you want my list of places to get them.

*Also those 16 foot wheels must tuck nicely. :P

Edited by antony

and 15 - 20 for the front,

Itll hit the strut at that offset with a 9 inch rim.

I have pics on my home computer of a prefacelift E30 with 10s on the rear, when I get home I will post them for you Brockie

Edit: Heres one pic, the rest will follow later

post-1699-1259197399.jpg

Edited by SIR E30

As promised.

There is a few others around that have 10s on the back. Try googling QIMIS for more pics

post-1699-1259216107.jpg

post-1699-1259216130.jpg

post-1699-1259216153.jpg

post-1699-1259216227.jpg

Yea man it is, theres a bit of a write up on it on R3v if you can be bothered searching