Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

2011 BMW M3 GTS: A 450-hp hardcore M3 with less weight

Posted Image

If you were one of the many enthusiasts that were disappointed when BMW said it won’t be doing an CSL version of the new BMW M3 – you’re in for a treat. Meet the new 2011 BMW M3 GTS, a track-focused hardcore BMW M3 that is also road legal. The limited edition M3 GTS comes with a bunch of weight-saving applications and a beefier V8 engine.

To save some weight BMW dropped the air-conditioning, navigation, rear seats and radio system. With the use of some other lightweight parts total weight of the 2011 BMW M3 GTS comes in at 3,285 pounds – compared to the standard 3,704 pound BMW M3.

Power comes from a 4.4L V8 engine making around 450-hp. It is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission with steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters. Stopping power comes from an upgraded braking system with 6-pistons at the front and 4-pistons at the back. We’re still waiting on official performance figures from BMW.

BMW says that it is planning to top the lap time of the previous BMW M3 CSL at the Nurburgring with the new M3 GTS. Pricing is expected to start around €115,000 ($170,000 USD). First units will be delivered in May 2010.

The model will launch in Germany in spring 2010 but BMW has no plans to offer it in the North American market.

Refresher: Weighing in at 3,285 pounds (the standard BMW M3 coupe weighs 3,704 pounds), the 2011 BMW M3 GTS is powered by a 4.4L V8 making 450-hp. Power is transmitted to the wheels through a 7-speed M DKG Drivelogic gearbox

2011 BMW M3 GTS:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Some High Res Pics:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

M3 GTS In Action - Teaser

M3 GTS In Action - Part 1

M3 GTS In Action - Part 2

I think I'm in love.

No I don't, I AM in love!!!!!

BMW even throw in a racesuit and helmet, what a bargain!!! ;)

I'm really liking the new M3...

Hell boy? Oh my god i want one so much. Hmmmm sell my house??

Hey Ollie - That colour - you could confuse it with your E30 from the front aye :P

Edited by hotwire