Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Diaemus

Wof issues

Just returned from getting a warrant on my newishly purchased e30 ( reg'd as a 323 coupe) still not sure though. lol

they have stung me for a a fail for many reasons but one of them has me flummoxed...

suppsedly i'm getting failed for not having indicator repeaters fitted when the model didn't originally come with them..

has anyone ever had this problem before? and how did you rectify despite the issue..

as i dont plan to either swap the guards out or cut holes in the current guards and wire repeaters in..

cheers..

whyte

Did you try telling them that?

the accessor who did the repot is currently unavailiable so i am trying to get as much info together as posible first to save wasting his and my time..

i always dread taking the racecar in for WOF's.

dreading taking the super snipe in next month.. i thin the cost of these two have delayed the new engine plans... lol

The early cars did not all have side repeaters on them, I have had at least 3 323i's and none of them had side indicators on them. I fitted 1 car with them but only because i replaced a guard that had them on.

I think the laws on this are " what was originally fitted to the car" same as not needing a high stop tail light before 01 01 1990

My 2 cents!

The early cars did not all have side repeaters on them, I have had at least 3 323i's and none of them had side indicators on them. I fitted 1 car with them but only because i replaced a guard that had them on.

I think the laws on this are " what was originally fitted to the car" same as not needing a high stop tail light before 01 01 1990

My 2 cents!

+1

The guy is talking total rubbish.

Direct him to Page 4-5-1 of his WOF inspection manual.

5. A vehicle may be fitted with one or two side-facing lamps on each side.

Note "may", and not "must".

5. A vehicle is fitted with more than two side-facing lamps on each side of the vehicle.

You are not required to have side markers. If you do, you can only have a max of 2 on each side. If they are fitted, they must work.

Hi,

If you are failed on something unusual ask the accessor to show you where in the WOF manual it mentions that item, they have to show written proof From the WOF manual or pass the wof.

Dave

If you are failed on something unusual ask the accessor

That only works if you can actualy communicate with them

When you have fixed everything else just go back and talk to the technician. It isn't wasting anyones time, he is just making sure your car is safe and should understand if he has made an error. It seems to be a simple issue.

Edited by tcbaurpower

awesome.. thats for all your help guys.. first time dealing with the WOF system.. rather different to the setup i'm used too.

my gf's 1998 Pulsar doesn't have side repeaters and she's never had any wof issues