Sign in to follow this  
DFF53

e32 735il M30 with possible jammed throttle

Well someone was looking at my car's engine bay and whose itchy fingers decided to manually move the throttle assy to rev the car. Suddenlly the car's throttle seems to to be jammed open or something because it revs really hard even without any input from the pedal.

I didnt really see how far up the range it will go, because having a 4hp22 i didnt really want it to rev too high while in park. I cleaned the throttle assy and tried taking it for a drive and it seems to drive itself. Please can someone tell me what is possibly gone wrong. I have removed the intake boot to see if the throttle flap is open while the car is parked but it isnt, it only happens when i start the car. Any input appreciated thanks.

Vacuum hose come loose anywhere? I have done that before.. Accidently pull of a vacuum hose and the car revs out really high.

Or when I blew the brake booster hose off, that was making my car idle at 3.5k rpm <_<

have you checked the idle control valve?

if its stuck open then it will run lean and raise the rpm.

abit of kero will free it up

they have pulled the cable plug thingy out of the cable holder gromet.

post-279-1260262594.jpg

they have pulled the cable plug thingy out of the cable holder gromet.

You maybe on to something when i had a look, some disintegrated plastic fell in my hand and the end of the cable came loose. But it is not the cable you pointed out but a secondary one which as far as i know is the cruise control actuator cable. Could this sill be the porblem. Cos it was running normal after i started it but as soon the dude pulled on the cable it started going crazy. Thanks for the help so far guys. I also sprayed Carb RClean on the sensors and throttle to clean them up.

You maybe on to something when i had a look, some disintegrated plastic fell in my hand and the end of the cable came loose. But it is not the cable you pointed out but a secondary one which as far as i know is the cruise control actuator cable. Could this sill be the porblem. Cos it was running normal after i started it but as soon the dude pulled on the cable it started going crazy. Thanks for the help so far guys. I also sprayed Carb RClean on the sensors and throttle to clean them up.

yes cruise cable been pulled away will do the same .

yes cruise cable been pulled away will do the same .

How would you fix that, i tried pulling and pushing it while the the car was running but it did not seem to make a differance it was still reving steadily.

All fixed now, you were right, it was the throttle cable that was stuck it came loose and got stuck at the point where the yellow arrow indicates. thanks all for your help. Feel like a complete numpty.

post-2019-1260310510.jpg

its just the accelerator cable or cruise control. had that on my car as well. f**kin scared me when i started it and reved all the way up.. i got the plastic holder on the cable out of its socket and it caused the cable to pull on the throttle and rev. i popped it back in place and all was good again.