Sign in to follow this  
keen

Locked out

Is there a simple way to get into a m535 1989 when the batt is dead flat Ive been told before but forgotten Ive tried the manual lock on the door where you turn it harder but it appears to be broken (maybe someone has tried before and broken whatever opens the door there) So need another way to get in to open the bonnet.The batt is not too old 6months ( the faulty memory seats have done the damage I think before I foolishly forgot to take the fuse out). so another way to charge it up easily Would be truly grateful

Is there a simple way to get into a m535 1989 when the batt is dead flat Ive been told before but forgotten Ive tried the manual lock on the door where you turn it harder but it appears to be broken (maybe someone has tried before and broken whatever opens the door there) So need another way to get in to open the bonnet.The batt is not too old 6months ( the faulty memory seats have done the damage I think before I foolishly forgot to take the fuse out). so another way to charge it up easily Would be truly grateful

have you tried on the passenger side aswell?

you have to do it on the left front do . turn key fully 90deg while pulling up on the handle , takes a bit of wiggling around to do . or open the boot , get a battery and connect it to the boot interior light (brown is earth/negative) so you then can activate the central locking . or crawl under neth and hook up a jumper cable to the positive terminal on the starter motor

Thanks guys will go for the boot one as I tried both doors.I have used that method on other BMW's and been successful but the keys for this car have the plastic holders broken and you can't turn the key round hard enough.I did get it to go past the normal stop but it was not enough or it is broken inside and not working.but the boot interior light is good for me as I don't have to get underneath.

Can anyone tell me the fuse for the seat adjustment?16 was for the lumber suport but the adjustment must be another one ?

if the plastic holders are broken. you can use pliers or vice grip to turn it. wrap the tips with black electric tape so it dont damage the key when you turn the key be firm but dont apply too much force... its either clockwise turn or anti clock wise

Edited by Docile